Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admits it is ‘hard to argue’ against Aaron Wan-Bissaka’s red card.
The United boss usually backs his players, and he insists there was no intent to injure the opponent. But in this case he admits the red card was correct.
Speaking to United’s website, Solskjaer said: “Unfortunately that sending off will always have an impact.
“Aaron gets a touch that’s too far, and he gets the ball but he follows through.
“It’s hard to argue against the referee but then again he didn’t go through his ankle, he hit him on the top of his foot. It was never a malicious tackle.”
Not much to say about Lingard’s error
Jesse Lingard was at fault for Young Boys’ 95th minute winning goal.
The decision to play a backpass was a strange one, and to execute it so weakly was disastrous.
Solskjaer said: “That happens in a game. That’s football. Up and downs. You’ve got big moments, you’ve got moments that go for you and against you. He’ll handle that one, and we’ll handle it.”
Lingard was brought on for Cristiano Ronaldo in a 71st minute substitution which just didn’t work out.
United failed to get Lingard involved and he managed just eight touches before the final whistle, still finding time to blow the game.
Lingard scored for United at the weekend to show his good qualities. This was just a match he would rather forget in a hurry.
The best way to do so may be to play from the start against West Ham at the weekend.
- Bruno Fernandes and Diogo Dalot send messages to Manchester United fans after defeat
- Solskjaer addresses Anthony Martial’s performance
- Manchester United’s three best players against West Ham
- Five things we learned as Manchester United lose 1-0 to West Ham
- Confirmed Manchester United line-up v West Ham
- Henderson reportedly set for first United start of the season vs West Ham
- Which Eric Bailly will we see on his first United appearance of the season?
- Charlie Savage tries claiming deflected own goal and his teammates are not having it
- Ex United duo Falcao and Bebe combine to net late winner for La Liga side
- Teden Mengi produces captain’s performance in EFL Trophy win
- What is Cristiano Ronaldo’s penalty record for Manchester United?
- Ethan Galbraith impresses in cameo role to help Doncaster beat City U21s
- What channel is the Man Utd vs West Ham EFL Cup match on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Solskjaer says Rashford could return after international break
- Bruno Fernandes’ creative numbers compare well with Paul Pogba despite assist gap