Gary Neville says the Glazers must be booted out of football
Gary Neville has lashed out at the Glazers in his eagerly awaited Monday Night Football appearance.
After branding the Super League plans an ‘absolute disgrace’ on Sunday on Sky Sports, Neville was back for more.
This time it was the Glazers to were the target of his ire. United co-owner Joel Glazer voiced his approval for the plans in a statement on the club website.
Neville blasted, via Sky Sports: “They have stepped over the mark.
“They are scavengers, they need booting out of this football club and out of this country.”
Neville went on to admit he has been too silent on the Glazers for too long, believing there are not any acceptable alternatives on the horizon who have the money to buy them out.
But he says now that they are interfering with the fabric of the game, he has lost his patience, and his words reflect that.
The plans have caused anger across English football, and a small group of supporters gathered outside Old Trafford to make feelings clear this afternoon. Protests are only expected to grow bigger.
Jamie Carragher told Sky Sports he believes, ‘this can be stopped’, if the football world rallies together, fans, pundits, and figures of authority.
Neville says he wants ‘the government to step in now’ to help shut the Super League plans down.
- 'They need to play': Rangnick says two Manchester United players could leave on loan after ten Hag arrives
- Report: Cristiano Ronaldo and Manchester United teammate ruled out injured v Crystal Palace
- Report: Paul Pogba has decided his next club, final details being sorted on three-year contract
- 9 players who represented both Manchester United and Barcelona amid Dest links; including French World Cup winner
- Manchester United man whose contract expires this summer says he could stay to play under ten Hag
- De Gea and McTominay lead reaction as Manchester United goalkeeper celebrates reaching Wembley
- Rangnick says 17-year-old Manchester United wonderkid faces battle to play v Palace
- Rangnick's final XI: Predicted 4-3-3 Manchester United line-up v Crystal Palace: 4 changes
- 'He can do everything'… Manchester United target can succeed where Red Devils star has struggled
- Dortmund sacking shows Manchester United have landed a real coup
- Rangnick says Manchester United star will miss training tomorrow and may not play vs Palace
- Dani Alves has given backing to Manchester United target with £340m release clause
- Manchester United still scouting wonderkid three years after Old Trafford trial, 2023 earliest deal possible
- 'It will not be long'… Patrick Kluivert raves about Manchester United linked Antony
- Lingard and Elanga lead reaction as young Manchester United striker announces departure