Manchester United’s players have been busy celebrating a hard fought victory over Wolves.
United won the game 1-0 thanks to a late goal from Mason Greenwood.
The team’s stars have sent a variety of messages on social media after the victory.
United are on seven points after three games, the strongest start under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in his three years as manager.
Bruno Fernandes was glad to get all three points. He had a goal disallowed for offside in the first half.
Edinson Cavani came off the bench to play the last half an hour at Molineux.
This moved Mason Greenwood out to the right and it was from this role that he went on to score the winner.
Cavani enjoyed playing in front of United’s away fans for the very first time.
New signing Raphael Varane had a positive start with a clean sheet. His showing was praised by manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
Aaron Wan-Bissaka played a key role in United’s victory with a goal line block to deny Trincao.
He acknowledged the difficult nature of the match and gaining all three points.
Paul Pogba also celebrated the win and the smile on his face at the end showed what it meant to him.
United’s players now have a break, with many heading off to internationals.
The situation with Edinson Cavani and Fred is still unclear, with Premier League clubs insisting they will deny clearance to clubs going to ‘red-list’ countries, while FIFA want the situation resolved so they can play, ESPN report.
Those who do stay around will get extra time with United’s coaches, and for those like Donny van de Beek, who is not in his international squad, it could work out as a big added bonus for him to have extra time to impress.
- Solskjaer urged to make ‘cut throat’ team selections for Manchester United
- Manchester United now have fixture boost for next month’s Tottenham clash
- Teenager Parker appears to confirm United academy switch on Instagram
- Three Cristiano Ronaldo cup lessons for Manchester United
- Mason Greenwood’s electric impact shows what Anthony Martial is missing
- Alex Telles sends disappointed message to Manchester United fans
- United may have good squad depth but last night’s XI lacked leaders
- Patrice Evra thanks Manchester United as he completes his coaching badges
- Aston Villa fans laud Tuanzebe’s EFL Cup performance
- Solskjaer had ideal chance to unleash Hannibal Mejbri but opted for Mata instead
- Alex Telles shows attacking qualities but also his defensive deficiencies
- Solskjaer hails United fans after EFL Cup exit
- When will Donny van de Beek’s next opportunity come after cup KO?
- Anthony Martial wastes his Manchester United chance
- Jadon Sancho grows in confidence without a cutting edge in United defeat