Raphael Varane and Edinson Cavani react to Manchester United win
Manchester United’s players have been busy celebrating a hard fought victory over Wolves.
United won the game 1-0 thanks to a late goal from Mason Greenwood.
The team’s stars have sent a variety of messages on social media after the victory.
United are on seven points after three games, the strongest start under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in his three years as manager.
Bruno Fernandes was glad to get all three points. He had a goal disallowed for offside in the first half.
Edinson Cavani came off the bench to play the last half an hour at Molineux.
This moved Mason Greenwood out to the right and it was from this role that he went on to score the winner.
Cavani enjoyed playing in front of United’s away fans for the very first time.
New signing Raphael Varane had a positive start with a clean sheet. His showing was praised by manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
Aaron Wan-Bissaka played a key role in United’s victory with a goal line block to deny Trincao.
He acknowledged the difficult nature of the match and gaining all three points.
Paul Pogba also celebrated the win and the smile on his face at the end showed what it meant to him.
United’s players now have a break, with many heading off to internationals.
The situation with Edinson Cavani and Fred is still unclear, with Premier League clubs insisting they will deny clearance to clubs going to ‘red-list’ countries, while FIFA want the situation resolved so they can play, ESPN report.
Those who do stay around will get extra time with United’s coaches, and for those like Donny van de Beek, who is not in his international squad, it could work out as a big added bonus for him to have extra time to impress.
- Manchester United now have an easy decision to make over £19m star
- Manchester United star doubles down on reason for his superb turnaround in form
- Real Madrid star says Manchester United summer signing “has a lot of quality”
- Rio Ferdinand claims in-form Manchester United man better suited to international football than Premier League
- £46m Manchester United star says he is feeling confident ahead of the World Cup
- 21 direct goal involvements in last 14 games : 23-year-old Manchester United target shines on international stage
- International boss explains why he trialled Manchester United ace in new position and gives verdict on display
- Ralf Rangnick relegated as Austria slump to third defeat in a row
- 'No chance': Manchester United star gutted after 4-1 loss and desperate to avoid relegation
- Barcelona sporting director says Manchester United have made a very good decision
- 'World class': Teammate raves over Manchester United star after 'frighteningly good' international performance
- Manchester United receive a favour as international boss learns same lesson as Ten Hag
- 'Whatever we need': £113m star praises Manchester United ace
- 8 Chances Created: Manchester United star produces masterclass in upset international win
- 'Disaster': Player released from Manchester United last summer leaps to the defence of former teammate