Brandon Williams’ performance for Norwich has been praised by his manager Daniel Farke.
Williams was part of a Norwich side which lost 1-0 to Arsenal at the weekend in his second league start for the club.
This made it four straight games Norwich have lost, but their results are improving, losing their last two matches by just a single goal.
Farke picked out Manchester United loanee Williams as a reason to be positive.
He praised the way he dealt with Arsenal’s record £72 million signing Nicolas Pepe.
Farke told Norwich’s official website: “Brandon deserves lots of plaudits because of how he defended a player like Pepe with lots of quality, he was outstanding in many dangerous situations close to and in the box.”
Williams’ performance was praised by supporters on social media for the way he defended.
Expected to lead
Norwich need Williams to be a leader for them right now even at his young age.
After Grant Hanley, 29, Williams was one of two 21-years-olds in Norwich’s back four and another youngster just 19.
Williams has picked up vital experience in his short career already with Manchester United, playing in FA Cup and Europa League semi-finals.
The United youngster won’t shy away from the challenge, and Farke says he wants to work to try and help improve the Canaries’ young players. Williams will hope to return to Old Trafford as a better player for his experience.
The German said: “We can’t afford proven Premier League players for 25 million pounds, we have to develop them.”
Norwich’s next league fixture is at home to Watford and they will be looking at that game as a potential source of three points.
Williams looks like a shoe-in to start again and after an encouraging performance at the weekend, he will be looking to lead his loan team to a win.
- Next Manchester United manager: Four replacements if Solskjaer is sacked
- Cristiano Ronaldo sends message to Manchester United fans after defeat
- David de Gea sends strong message to Manchester United fans
- Jesse Lingard clarifies what happened with Manchester United fan
- Bastian Schweinsteiger reacts to Manchester United’s defeat to Liverpool
- ‘Paul Scholes was right’… United fans react to Liverpool defeat
- Solskjaer reacts to United’s 5-0 defeat to Liverpool
- Harry Maguire reacts to United’s 5-0 defeat to Liverpool
- Manchester United’s three worst players against Liverpool
- Sir Alex Ferguson fumes as Manchester United hammered by Liverpool
- Six things we learned as Manchester United lose 5-0 to Liverpool
- Rio Ferdinand reacts to Manchester United’s meltdown v Liverpool
- Solskjaer issues fitness update on Varane and Martial
- Confirmed Manchester United line-up v Liverpool
- Loanee Ethan Galbraith impresses with assist in rare win