While Manchester United were carving their way to an impressive 4-1 victory over Newcastle, loanee Brandon Williams was in action for Norwich.
Williams started in the bottom of the table clash against Arsenal, a match between 19th and 20th going into the game.
Arsenal were able to win the game 1-0, but Williams impressed in the process.
Williams won more tackles than any player on the pitch with five, and also made three clearances. Going forward he also managed to create one chance.
The left-back’s performance earned praise from Norwich and Arsenal supporters alike, who saw the tenacious display he put in for his side in just his second league game out on loan…
A tough season awaits
Williams is in for a slog at Norwich, who have now lost every single game this season.
A 6-0 win over Bournemouth in the Carabao Cup shows there is some talent in the team, and ‘only’ losing 1-0 to Arsenal after a 2-1 loss to Leicester the previous week shows some improvement on their earlier games.
Just to be playing is progress for Williams, who barely featured at all for United last season.
He just needs to keep his head up as the losses pile up, and with a bit of luck, the Canaries’ fortunes may turn. If they do, he could be a key part of it.
- Next Manchester United manager: Four replacements if Solskjaer is sacked
- Cristiano Ronaldo sends message to Manchester United fans after defeat
- David de Gea sends strong message to Manchester United fans
- Jesse Lingard clarifies what happened with Manchester United fan
- Bastian Schweinsteiger reacts to Manchester United’s defeat to Liverpool
- ‘Paul Scholes was right’… United fans react to Liverpool defeat
- Solskjaer reacts to United’s 5-0 defeat to Liverpool
- Harry Maguire reacts to United’s 5-0 defeat to Liverpool
- Manchester United’s three worst players against Liverpool
- Sir Alex Ferguson fumes as Manchester United hammered by Liverpool
- Six things we learned as Manchester United lose 5-0 to Liverpool
- Rio Ferdinand reacts to Manchester United’s meltdown v Liverpool
- Solskjaer issues fitness update on Varane and Martial
- Confirmed Manchester United line-up v Liverpool
- Loanee Ethan Galbraith impresses with assist in rare win