Manchester United’s win at the weekend came courtesy of in-form goalscorer Mason Greenwood.
Greenwood netted United’s winner and took his tally to start the season to three goals in three games.
A strong start has brought plenty of praise Greenwood’s way, with teammate David de Gea among those talking him up.
Another is former United star Rio Ferdinand, who almost went overboard with his positive comments about the 19-year-old.
Speaking to his Five podcast, Ferdinand raved: “Greenwood don’t respect no one, he don’t respect no one out on that pitch.
“He believes he should be out there, he believes he should be the man to score the goals. He is clinical.
“Learning from Cristiano every day and Cavani is going to do him the world of good.
“He reminds me, [he’s] got all round play when he drops in the 10 role, the composure of Van Persie, and the finishing of Van Nistelrooy. It’s a mix for me.
“He’s a mad player. Some players you look and and say they are certainties – he’s one of them.”
Ferdinand was asked if Greenwood could add the physicality of Cristiano Ronaldo too, to which he suggested perhaps in a few years’ time.
Greenwood has struck nine goals in his last 11 Premier League games. He is a player in form and full of confidence.
Greenwood has come through tough spell
Last season was a hard one for Greenwood. He took until December to score his first Premier League goal.
This season he has three already, whereas his third last season came in April, in the away win over Tottenham Hotspur.
Greenwood has come through that tough spell and is now better for it, sharpening up his game and finishing.
The teenager’s ability shone through last season despite his poor luck in front of goal. Now the ball is falling exactly where he wants it, in the back of the net.
- Bruno Fernandes and Diogo Dalot send messages to Manchester United fans after defeat
- Solskjaer addresses Anthony Martial’s performance
- Manchester United’s three best players against West Ham
- Five things we learned as Manchester United lose 1-0 to West Ham
- Confirmed Manchester United line-up v West Ham
- Henderson reportedly set for first United start of the season vs West Ham
- Which Eric Bailly will we see on his first United appearance of the season?
- Charlie Savage tries claiming deflected own goal and his teammates are not having it
- Ex United duo Falcao and Bebe combine to net late winner for La Liga side
- Teden Mengi produces captain’s performance in EFL Trophy win
- What is Cristiano Ronaldo’s penalty record for Manchester United?
- Ethan Galbraith impresses in cameo role to help Doncaster beat City U21s
- What channel is the Man Utd vs West Ham EFL Cup match on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Solskjaer says Rashford could return after international break
- Bruno Fernandes’ creative numbers compare well with Paul Pogba despite assist gap