Manchester United youngster Alejandro Garnacho is enjoying a very busy and productive week on and off the pitch.
Garnacho signed his first professional contract with the club this week, after turning 17 earlier this month. The former Atletico Madrid prospect described the move as a ‘dream come true’.
The teenager followed this up by coming off the bench to score in Manchester United’s under-23 win over Stalybridge Celtic on Tuesday night. He netted the fourth after rounding the goalkeeper as United won 5-1.
Garnacho is back on duty with the under-18s for now, who are taking part in a mini-tournament.
United kicked off by beating Tottenham Hotspur’s under-18s 2-1, and Garnacho bagged both goals.
Garnacho scored seven goals last season for the under-18s. With several players moving up to the under-23s, Garnacho could play a prominent role this season, and make the step up himself.
Pre-season youth tournament
This tournament match was the first and United are off to a strong start. Chelsea and Wolves are the other two teams taking part.
Another two games will take place on Friday and then Saturday, with the first and second teams in the mini-league contesting a final on the Sunday. Third and fourth will hold a play-off.
The early win gives United’s under-18s a good chance of finishing inside the top two, although the match against Chelsea in particular will be a tough test due to their consistently strong youth record.
Garnacho has had a big week to date, with three goals and a pro contract. It would not be a surprise to see him add to his tally.
- Is Man Utd vs Villa on TV? Kick off time, team news and prediction
- Solskjaer says de Gea has been smashing personal bests in United’s fitness tests
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Aston Villa
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s record against Aston Villa
- David de Gea excited by Cristiano Ronaldo’s early impact
- Solskjaer offers update on Cavani ahead of Villa clash
- Aston Villa boss Smith raves about United loanee Axel Tuanzebe
- Manchester United’s top under-23s scorers and assist leaders for 2021/22
- Manchester United’s top under-18s scorers and assist leaders for 2021/22
- Manchester United have doubts over signing Declan Rice
- Uruguay negotiating to try and secure Edinson Cavani release for October international fixtures
- Should Solskjaer start Jesse Lingard against Aston Villa and how would he fit in?
- Three players linked with Manchester United transfer moves this week
- Two Manchester United players have turned Cristiano Ronaldo deal from luxury to necessity
- Two Manchester United academy players react after meeting Ronaldo for the first time