One year after signing for Manchester United, Alejandro Garnacho has signed a professional deal.
Garnacho signed at 16, leaving Atletico Madrid. Marca reported that he turned down Borussia Dortmund to sign with United.
After turning 17 earlier this month, Garnacho has now signed a professional contract with United.
He posted on Instagram that the contract is a ‘dream come true’.
Garnacho is an exciting attacking player who idolises Cristiano Ronaldo and Atletico Madrid wanted to keep him.
His first season with the under-18s was a solid one, in which he scored seven goals from the left-wing, which included a hat-trick.
He will be expected to play a bigger role this coming season with several players stepping up to the under-23s.
Garnacho could even step up to the under-23s himself. He was a substitute against Stalybridge Celtic for the under-23s last night and scored in a 5-1 victory.
In the pouring rain he latched onto a pass from Charlie Savage and rounded the goalkeeper to score United’s fourth.
The youngster is a player who likes to take players on, and also has a knack of arriving in the box at the right time.
If his first year was a season to settle in from abroad and adjust to England on and off the pitch, the 2021/22 campaign could be a big season for him.
- Varane leadership crucial ahead of first United Champions League start
- Villarreal top striker misses Real Madrid game ahead of United clash
- One bittersweet positive from a terrible day for Manchester United
- 55 shots in two games and 0 goals: Three reasons it’s going wrong for Manchester United
- Bruno Fernandes creates 10 chances in one game: Positives despite penalty miss
- Three changes to Manchester United’s back four looking likely for Villarreal clash
- Bruno Fernandes sends message to fans after penalty miss
- Manchester United’s three best players against Aston Villa
- Cristiano Ronaldo sends message to Manchester United fans after defeat
- De Gea and Mata send supportive messages to Bruno Fernandes