United loanee Brandon Williams makes debut in 6-0 win
Brandon Williams sealed his loan transfer to Norwich City on Monday. By Tuesday he was starting his first game.
After losing their first league games 3-0 and 5-0, Norwich got what they needed with a match against Championship side Bournemouth in the Carabao Cup.
Norwich won 6-0 with Brandon Williams starting at left-back and playing 76 minutes.
The Manchester United defender made a strong first impression, keeping a clean sheet and contributing to the attack.
Norwich Live‘s player rating commended William’s performance and graded him an 8/10.
The report wrote: “You don’t get to play for Manchester United without having a bit of class and it showed tonight. Put a boot into David Brooks inside of three minutes and his pass with the outside of the boot for Tzolis to run on to was world class.”
Williams sent a message on social media expressing his delight at his Norwich loan beginning so well. If only all matches would be this easy.
Williams completed 91 per cent of his passes in the victory, while winning three duels.
He made eight ball recoveries as he helped his side stay on top, while making two successful tackles and two interceptions.
He was embraced warmly by manager Daniel Farke as he was substituted off.
Williams has not played as much football as he would like over the past year, and this loan spell could be really good for him.
So long as he doesn’t expect a 6-0 victory each week…
- £7m star now finally has chance for Manchester United breakthrough
- Erik ten Hag frustrated and ready to give up over Manchester United's top transfer target
- Report: Manchester United considered bid for £30m+ Brazilian DM at Premier League club
- Report: Manchester United agree add-ons to take transfer fee to £19m
- 'Horrific'… Gary Neville issues transfer warning as Manchester United risk losing target to rivals
- A fake overhaul: Murtough and Arnold are part of Manchester United's problem
- £20m, £25m and £33.7m oversights could haunt Manchester United like £4.5m star
- Report: Ten Hag turned down chance to sign Dutch Champions League winner
- Manchester United technical director scouts target and he produces wondergoal
- 20-year-old Manchester United whizkid's injury blocks potential loan exit
- Manchester United's last 5 opening day defeats: What happened next
- Report: Title-winning 26-year-old right-back valued at £15m on Manchester United's radar
- Sky Sports journalist's informed anti-Glazer rant goes viral
- 'I guarantee': Hostile Manchester United takeover bid planned, businessman confirms
- 21-year-old striker scores first professional goal after Manchester United release