Tahith Chong has had an incredible start on loan at Birmingham City.
And in the process he is giving his future prospects at Manchester United a shot in the arm too.
Chong, 21, inspired Birmingham to a 5-0 away victory at Luton Town on Saturday.
The winger provided an assist with an inch-perfect cross for a headed goal by Scott Hogan.
Chong’s performance was so outstanding that he was applauded off by the opposing fans when he was substituted. The Luton fans were probably relieved to see him make way on 70 minutes.
Chong sent a message out after the win thanking the opposing fans for the sign of respect.
A hero in Birmingham
Chong may be an afterthought at United given the array of attacking prospects, but those who have watched him for the under-23s have known he was always a big talent.
He is becoming a hero among Birmingham fans, who lauded him as the ‘best player on the planet’ after his performance for them in midweek.
Chong played in an attacking role in this game as one of three forwards, but his defensive work continues to impress too.
The youngster has entered this season with a real determination about him and it is all coming together, and it is great to see.
There are 43 Championship games to go, so Chong has to keep this form up.
If he continues to play like this, there will be lots of questions being asked whether he can do it in the Premier League too.
- Manchester United youngster Will Fish impacted by manager change
- Cristiano Ronaldo expecting twins with girlfriend
- Conte may be a serial winner domestically but he hasn’t cracked Europe
- Manchester United loanee Dylan Levitt dominates in Dundee United draw
- Marcus Rashford sends message as he looks to fix Manchester United situation
- Three quick fix signings Manchester United could make in January to get back on track
- Manchester United youngster Sonny Aljofree celebrates meeting Cristiano Ronaldo
- Is a diamond formation the solution to Manchester United’s problems?
- Manchester United youngster Malachi Sharpe scores on Scotland under-17 debut
- Cristiano Ronaldo sends message as he looks to bounce back with Manchester United
- Five substitutes rule change would benefit Manchester United whoever is in charge
- Manchester City out of Carabao Cup: Did Manchester United miss out or have lucky escape?
- Three steps Solskjaer can take to avoid bowing out like Jose Mourinho
- Manchester United’s players pictured back in training
- Raphael Varane’s possible return would be Manchester United’s best case scenario