Amad may not end up going out on loan after all, says Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
Manchester United are keeping an open mind and Solskjaer says Amad could stay.
Speaking at his press conference on Friday, Solskjaer says he is tempted to keep Amad after how well he has performed in training this week.
Solskjaer said: “With Amad, I have to say he’s doing really, really well in training, he’s come back a little later after the Olympics and now he’s looking really good.
“I wouldn’t be surprised if he stays as well. It has to be the right loan, the club, way of playing.”
Amad is an impact maker and United may end up regretting loaning him out.
Solskjaer believes he is capable of performing at a high level for United and could be used over the course of the coming season.
If Jadon Sancho or Mason Greenwood were to get injured, United would quickly regret loaning Amad out.
While the winger could benefit from playing regular football elsewhere, United will put their own needs first, quite rightly, and Amad may simply be too good to send out.
Amad’s fantastic career start
- Amad scored on his Atalanta debut
Amad made an instant impression scoring in a 7-1 win for Atalanta on his Serie A debut in 2019.
- Too good for United under-23s
In three games for Manchester United under-23s, Amad scored three goals and provided four assists.
- Europa League star
Amad scored in his third ever Europa League game, netting an opening goal against AC Milan.
- Premier League impact
Amad provided an assist on his first ever Premier League start, setting Mason Greenwood up for a goal against Leicester.
- International hero
On just his second international appearance, Amad scored a matchwinning free-kick for Ivory Coast against Burkina Faso.
- Conte may be a serial winner domestically but he hasn’t cracked Europe
- Manchester United loanee Dylan Levitt dominates in Dundee United draw
- Marcus Rashford sends message as he looks to fix Manchester United situation
- Three quick fix signings Manchester United could make in January to get back on track
- Manchester United youngster Sonny Aljofree celebrates meeting Cristiano Ronaldo
- Is a diamond formation the solution to Manchester United’s problems?
- Manchester United youngster Malachi Sharpe scores on Scotland under-17 debut
- Cristiano Ronaldo sends message as he looks to bounce back with Manchester United
- Five substitutes rule change would benefit Manchester United whoever is in charge
- Manchester City out of Carabao Cup: Did Manchester United miss out or have lucky escape?
- Three steps Solskjaer can take to avoid bowing out like Jose Mourinho
- Manchester United’s players pictured back in training
- Raphael Varane’s possible return would be Manchester United’s best case scenario
- A look at Antonio Conte’s record vs Manchester United
- Fred and McTominay stepped up for Solskjaer last season and he needs them to improve