Remarkable reaction to Marcus Rashford's Euro 2020 exit message shows how much he is admired
Marcus Rashford posted an emotional message after England’s defeat reflecting on his penalty heartbreak.
Rashford talked about how proud he was to represent England, how he is experiencing a lack of confidence right now, and said ‘sorry’ for his part in the shootout loss.
And wow, there has been a quite incredible response. Former teammates, current England and Manchester United players, and other celebrities all reached out to Rashford’s message.
Former United academy talent Ravel Morrison wrote to say Rashford has nothing to apologise for.
There was a message from Manchester United in response to Rashford, while teammate Anthony Martial also reached out.
NFL wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins reached out to Rashford too, along with music legend Diddy.
Liverpool midfielder Jordan Henderson and United teammate Diogo Dalot also reached out to Rashford.
There were more. Lots more. Former United academy star Angel Gomes told Rashford he was proud of him, while Mason Greenwood also reached out along with Jesse Lingard.
England teammates Declan Rice and Aaron Ramsdale also paid tribute, with the former labelling Rashford as an inspiration.
Dean Henderson, Donny van de Beek, and Rio Ferdinand also responded, as did Eric Bailly in his own unique way, telling the United forward to keep his head up.
All these added to the support Rashford had already received from Paul Pogba and David de Gea.
It really is great to see the United family rallying round Rashford, and the greater wider football world and even more beyond that also reaching out to show their support.
Rashford may feel down and out right now, but he is not alone. Far from it.
- £46m Manchester United star says he is feeling confident ahead of the World Cup
- 21 direct goal involvements in last 14 games : 23-year-old Manchester United target shines on international stage
- International boss explains why he trialled Manchester United ace in new position and gives verdict on display
- Ralf Rangnick relegated as Austria slump to third defeat in a row
- 'No chance': Manchester United star gutted after 4-1 loss and desperate to avoid relegation
- Barcelona sporting director says Manchester United have made a very good decision
- 'World class': Teammate raves over Manchester United star after 'frighteningly good' international performance
- Manchester United receive a favour as international boss learns same lesson as Ten Hag
- 'Whatever we need': £113m star praises Manchester United ace
- 8 Chances Created: Manchester United star produces masterclass in upset international win