Ole Gunnar Solskjaer comments on Cristiano Ronaldo's performance
Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has expressed his excitement over Cristiano Ronaldo’s second debut.
Solskjaer told MUTV that he was delighted with Ronaldo’s contribution during the 90 minutes against Newcastle.
Ronaldo netted United’s first two goals in the 4-1 victory.
Solskjaer said he was thrilled with Ronaldo’s goals and his leadership.
The United boss said: “Cristiano was looking forward to this he had a little speech last night to the boys.
“Its about sensing the moment, feeling the danger. He’s evolved into a proper team player.
“You’ve got to be there to score the goals and he knows where the goals are getting scored. Not many in the world who have scored more goals than him.
“Very pleased with him, good work rate, patience, it was never going to be easy.”
Newcastle made United work hard for the win, and the game was a lot harder than the comfortable 4-1 scoreline suggests.
Ronaldo’s first goal came after the goalkeeper spilled a Mason Greenwood effort.
The second goal came after a Luke Shaw through ball which saw him need just two touches and the ball was in the back of the net.
Ronaldo is up to 120 career goals for United and 787 goals for clubs and country. It won’t be long at all before he is on 800.
The win takes United to the top of the table after Tottenham lost 3-0 to Crystal Palace.
- Who is the 26-year-old World Cup midfielder Manchester United reportedly want to sign?
- Manchester United wonderkid 'not in any rush' to return to Old Trafford, says manager
- £30m Ghana sensation credits Manchester United boss Erik ten Hag and explains Red Devils snub
- 3 Juventus players Manchester United could target – including 20-year-old sensation
- 'Weak point'… Neville slams World Cup star, says Manchester United ace would do better job
- 'He's not a leader'… Manchester United star under-fire from pundit in his own country
- Casemiro responds to Neymar's claim he is the best midfielder in the world
- 20-year-old powerhouse recommended to Manchester United by Rangnick dominates v £97m opponent
- Manchester United star vows 'important game', potential first World Cup start incoming
- 'Bit awkward there': Gary Neville urges international boss to play Manchester United star in favoured position
- 'Absurd'… National team's physio praises Manchester United star's 'great work rate'
- Bryan Robson warns rest of Premier League that 'terrific' Manchester United star is only going to get better
- Report: Manchester United could sign £113m star for just £86m including add-ons
- Manchester United star can carry nation's World Cup hopes like Mbappe does for France, says PL ace
- Manchester United star skins Arsenal man with outrageous piece of skill in World Cup training session