Manchester United youngster Daniel Gore signs professional contract
Manchester United youngster Daniel Gore has signed his first professional contract at the club.
Gore, 17, has been impressive for Manchester United’s under-18s side this season.
Gore actually made his debut last season for the under-18s and scored in the FA Youth Cup.
Now a regular in the under-18s, the central midfielder has been very impressive alongside winger Sam Mather.
Gore missed the first game of United’s season for the under-18s and came on as a substitute in the second.
He started the next match and United have won all four matches he has played, after losing the first two when he did not start.
Gore has scored one goal and provided a further three assists, with only teammate Mather registering more assists.
Gore has recently been called up into the England under-18s squad along with Mather, who signed his professional contract last month.
The teenager’s Instagram message on his new contract drew congratulatory responses from his peers, with Shola Shoretire and under-18s captain Marc Jurado among those to reach out.
Gore was tipped for a big future earlier this year by former scout and youth team coach Lee Waddington, who told the MEN: “I think he’s an extraordinary talent. Great lad, fantastic work ethic, feet on the ground but he’s just got that unpredictability about him. To either score goals or make goals.
“He’s the toughest attacking player I’ve ever coached in my 30 years. I think he’s got a massive, massive future there.”
Understandably United have acted promptly to sign Gore up to a professional deal. He turned 17 at the end of September.
He is a real player to watch and a promotion to the under-23s before the season is over is not out of the question at all.
- Reward for failure: MUST criticise 'indefensible' £11m Glazer dividend payment
- 'Graveyard'… Neville says Glazers to blame as Manchester United battle for signing
- Last ditch effort to sign Manchester United midfielder being considered, 51 games played this season
- Ajax star who just quit tips Manchester United transfer target to leave for big fee
- 'New Neymar' is the player Manchester United should be signing this summer
- Picture: De Jong mocked up in Manchester United kit by Spanish press as Red Devils' deal deadline suggested
- 'Ten Hag will get his man': Ornstein backs Manchester United to get important double deal done
- Romano says Manchester United target's agents are asking club to consider offers with 'Ten Hag pushing'
- Stars who have played for Manchester United and Watford amid Bachmann links; including 3 strikers