Manchester United’s players have been working hard in the summer heat to try and get in match shape ahead of the upcoming season.
United’s players are currently on a pre-season summer camp in Surrey, choosing the stay in the UK.
This decision has been vindicated by a summer heatwave bringing temperatures to England normally associated with tour destinations.
Meanwhile Arsenal’s planned summer tour of America was cancelled this week due to Covid, throwing their pre-season preparations into disarray.
United’s players have been working hard in the heat, as these pictures show. The 27 players on the camp, including several young players were pictured sprinting and doing on ball work competing against each other.
Hannibal, Jesse Lingard, Shola Shoretire, Mason Greenwood, Facundo Pellistri, Nemanja Matic, Juan Mata, Tahith Chong, Dylan Levitt, Teden Mengi, and Scott McTominay are among the players pictured below.
Manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was able to take a more relaxed view, as his players had the sweat running down their faces in the blazing heat.
The most unusual picture from the session saw full-back Brandon Williams try out in goal. Hopefully he won’t be required to do a ‘John O’Shea against Tottenham’ at any point in the future, but he looked competent enough.
- Raphael Varane will fly to Manchester to seal United move on Monday
- Manchester United in August: Predicting the transfer deals to come
- United loanee Bernard makes first Hull appearance in 2-0 win over Red Devils U23 side
- Report: Fenerbahce want to sign United midfielder Pereira
- Hull boss McCann delighted to sign Manchester United’s Di’Shon Bernard on loan
- Henderson is excited by United signing Sancho
- United defender Eric Bailly endures mixed day as Ivory Coast exit Olympics
- Marcus Rashford posts long emotional message after decision to undergo surgery
- Di’Shon Bernard signs new long-term contract with Manchester United
- Manchester United set to resume training
- Charlie McCann sends message after leaving Manchester United
- United announce Rashford is set for surgery on shoulder injury
- Raphael Varane says goodbye to Real Madrid after agreeing to join United
- Photos: Sancho features as Manchester United officially release new 2021/22 away kit
- Report provides update on United’s Covid situation after Preston friendly is cancelled