Young Boys may play right into Manchester United’s hands in tonight’s Champions League tie.
United head to Switzerland full of confidence after a 4-1 win over Newcastle and ready to score more goals.
Young Boys don’t intend to sit back and try to frustrate United. Defender Jordan Lefort has promised they will play an attacking style.
Lefort told GFFN: “We’ll be pushed by the supporters’ enthusiasm. The goal is to play as we do domestically – even if we’re facing some great teams and great players, we’ll try to impose our own style at home.
“We’re not going to sit back, we’re really going to try to attack. You saw in the two legs against Ferencváros that we tried to play well, and it was really pleasing to watch. You can expect Young Boys to bring their style.”
Good for United
We should see an entertaining game tonight. It certainly won’t end 0-0.
Usually when teams set out to attack Manchester United it ends very badly. Just ask Marcelo Bielsa.
Bielsa’s Leeds were hit for six goals and five goals by United, while RB Leipzig tried to attack United at Old Trafford last season and were beaten 5-0.
United have the players to pick teams apart on the counter attack, and that was before Cristiano Ronaldo was added to the team.
A defensive approach doesn’t necessarily work either, as Steve Bruce’s Newcastle saw at the weekend as they were beaten 4-1.
United beat Young Boys 3-0 away from home in 2018 when they last tried a similar tactic.
The comments from Lefort have been welcomely received by United supporters, who are confidently expecting a big scoreline.
Here is a look at some of the reaction on social media…
When young boys try to attack us pic.twitter.com/grfXZgJvB4— Dazza (@utd_daz) September 13, 2021
13-0 upcoming pic.twitter.com/bbih8pJuWK— Bravo 🇮🇪 🔴🇾🇪 (@UnitedFergie99) September 13, 2021
Things you love to hear 😍…this is like Marcelo Bielsa always repeating we're going to play our style against United and always getting thrashed 😏— Richie Red 🔴 (@robinvanpolar) September 13, 2021
Bring it on 🤝🏿
Probably the worst thing to do against this Utd team lmaooo— LEO 🇾🇪 (@UtdGylo) September 13, 2021
Bring on the Ole counter attack— Henry Dixon (@hennydix) September 13, 2021
That is where Ole ball is effective at its best, fast transitions. They gonna get thumped— Nana Boateng (@1992Paby) September 13, 2021
Please do please just keep attacking lol it just gonna end in tears— Eddy on God✊🏽 (@Eddysnoops2) September 13, 2021
- Is Man Utd vs Villa on TV? Kick off time, team news and prediction
- Solskjaer says de Gea has been smashing personal bests in United’s fitness tests
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Aston Villa
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s record against Aston Villa
- David de Gea excited by Cristiano Ronaldo’s early impact
- Solskjaer offers update on Cavani ahead of Villa clash
- Aston Villa boss Smith raves about United loanee Axel Tuanzebe
- Manchester United’s top under-23s scorers and assist leaders for 2021/22
- Manchester United’s top under-18s scorers and assist leaders for 2021/22
- Manchester United have doubts over signing Declan Rice
- Uruguay negotiating to try and secure Edinson Cavani release for October international fixtures
- Should Solskjaer start Jesse Lingard against Aston Villa and how would he fit in?
- Three players linked with Manchester United transfer moves this week
- Two Manchester United players have turned Cristiano Ronaldo deal from luxury to necessity
- Two Manchester United academy players react after meeting Ronaldo for the first time