Mason Greenwood’s fantastic start to the season saw him win the club’s player of the month award.
The teenager now sits on 32 club goals, and is closing in on the number George Best scored (37) before he turned 20.
Greenwood’s role in United’s best start to a season under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been appreciated by his fellow teammates.
Teammate Luke Shaw is a big fan. He told UMM: “The talent he’s got is so scary, it’s unbelievable.
“He will be one of the most talked about players in the world in two or three years.”
Greenwood is already a rising star and Shaw’s comments suggest he expects the United talent to move up into the Kylian Mbappe category of really elite talents.
Playing alongside Cristiano Ronaldo will help Greenwood’s profile, and the teenager will be determined to keep scoring. He has nine goals in his last 11 Premier League matches.
International stardom may come too
England left Greenwood out of this international squad after discussions between Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Gareth Southgate.
If Greenwood continues through September and early October in the same form he showed in August, then he will certainly be called back up to the England squad next month.
Over the past few weeks Greenwood has shown he is good enough. He looks quick, strong, and sharp. Importantly, he is not afraid to take risks, and his finishing is more clinical than it was early last season.
Club captain Harry Maguire also spoke positively to UMM about Mason Greenwood.
Maguire said: “He’s got everything, all the attributes to keep pushing on and keep improving.
“The hardest thing in training is you can’t give him a yard, it ends up in the back of the net. His finishing is that good.
“In a five-a-side you always want him in your team he is always one of the top goalscorers.”
- Little margin for error as Solskjaer cannot afford Champions League early KO
- Solskjaer urged to make ‘cut throat’ team selections for Manchester United
- Manchester United now have fixture boost for next month’s Tottenham clash
- Teenager Harrison Parker appears to confirm United academy switch on Instagram
- Three Cristiano Ronaldo cup lessons for Manchester United
- Mason Greenwood’s electric impact shows what Anthony Martial is missing
- Alex Telles sends disappointed message to Manchester United fans
- United may have good squad depth but last night’s XI lacked leaders
- Patrice Evra thanks Manchester United as he completes his coaching badges
- Aston Villa fans laud Tuanzebe’s EFL Cup performance
- Solskjaer had ideal chance to unleash Hannibal Mejbri but opted for Mata instead
- Alex Telles shows attacking qualities but also his defensive deficiencies
- Solskjaer hails United fans after EFL Cup exit
- When will Donny van de Beek’s next opportunity come after cup KO?
- Anthony Martial wastes his Manchester United chance