On a day where Cristiano Ronaldo grabbed the headlines after training with his new teammates for the first time, a summer signing’s return to Carrington went under the radar.
Manchester United winger Jadon Sancho missed England’s World Cup qualifiers against Andorra and Hungary because of a “minor knock” (BBC Sport).
The 21-year-old returned to Carrington ahead of Gareth Southgate’s side facing Poland because he sustained the knock in England training.
Sancho returned to United training today when the focus was on a returning Ronaldo.
First start at Old Trafford incoming?
Sancho made his first start against Wolves after coming off the bench in the games against Leeds and Southampton.
But the £73m signing (BBC Sport) will be targeting his first start at Old Trafford, possibly alongside Ronaldo, against Newcastle on Saturday.
With Mason Greenwood starting the season on fire, Sancho might be deployed from the left alongside United’s player of the month, CR7 and Bruno Fernandes, with Paul Pogba playing the quarter back role – a truly mouth-watering prospect.
Although Sancho hasn’t scored or assisted yet, there is no doubt that when he registers his first goalscoring contribution for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side, the floodgates will inevitably open.
Sancho would have relished training for the first time alongside a player he idolises and models his game on.
Saturday is meant to be Ronaldo’s day, but it wouldn’t be a surprise if Sancho grabs the headlines with a match-winning performance which gives his Manchester United career lift off.
- Bruno Fernandes and Diogo Dalot send messages to Manchester United fans after defeat
- Solskjaer addresses Anthony Martial’s performance
- Manchester United’s three best players against West Ham
- Five things we learned as Manchester United lose 1-0 to West Ham
- Confirmed Manchester United line-up v West Ham
- Henderson reportedly set for first United start of the season vs West Ham
- Which Eric Bailly will we see on his first United appearance of the season?
- Charlie Savage tries claiming deflected own goal and his teammates are not having it
- Ex United duo Falcao and Bebe combine to net late winner for La Liga side
- Teden Mengi produces captain’s performance in EFL Trophy win
- What is Cristiano Ronaldo’s penalty record for Manchester United?
- Ethan Galbraith impresses in cameo role to help Doncaster beat City U21s
- What channel is the Man Utd vs West Ham EFL Cup match on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Solskjaer says Rashford could return after international break
- Bruno Fernandes’ creative numbers compare well with Paul Pogba despite assist gap