Amad Diallo has been pictured training with Manchester United for the first time since his transfer was finalised.
Diallo was unveiled and photographed wearing United’s colours earlier this week.
Now pictures are available of him at Carrington training with his new teammates.
Diallo told the club website: “
I’m over the moon to be here. I’m so excited to start here at Manchester United. It’s a dream come true and I can’t wait to start and play with the guys.
I’m only young, only 18, so there is still a long way ahead for me. I want to learn and progress and I will be listening to the more experienced players here and the coach, and I’ll do my best and work hard to succeed.“
Solskjaer will provide an update on Diallo at his press conference today at 1.30pm.
It is unclear if the new number 19 will travel with the squad to Liverpool to gain experience, even get a spot on the bench, or be left behind.
There is an under-23 game on Monday too, in which Diallo could feature.
How Solskjaer feels he did in his first training session could impact the young winger’s initial steps at United.
Amad Diallo: Player profile
- Breakthrough star
Diallo made his first team debut for Atalanta in 2019/20. He has one goal in his three Serie A appearances.
- Five years in Italy
Diallo was born in the Ivory Coast, moving to Atalanta in 2015 after impressing on a trial.
- Right wing dynamo
Diallo’s record at youth level is impressive. Last season he scored seven goals and provided 11 assists for Atalanta’s academy, which included a strike against Manchester City in the UEFA Youth League.
- Champions League debut
Diallo made his Champions League debut for Atalanta in 2020, impressing in a substitute appearance against Midtjylland.
- Edinson Cavani’s fitness problems are becoming a little concerning
- Charlie McNeill continues to make a name for himself with another winning goal
- Former United talent Largie Ramazani scores goal from his own half
- Paul Pogba and Edinson Cavani react to Manchester United win
- Dean Henderson has now kept five clean sheets in a row
- Fernandes sends message to Dalot after first league goal for Milan
- Mike Phelan reacts to United’s derby win
- United loanee Tahith Chong provides assist in Club Brugge win
- Harry Maguire raves about Luke Shaw’s performance
- Manchester United fans react to Anthony Martial’s performance