Manchester United announce 11 academy players promoted
Manchester United have announced 11 young players who have been promoted in the academy.
Thegroup players will step up to the under-18s squad this season, which previously had just 11 players listed on the club website after the likes of Noam Emeran and Dillon Hoogewerf and Charlie Savage officially stepped up to the under-23s.
Of the 11 players previously listed, Charlie McNeill and Omari Forson and Isak Hansen-Aaroen, may also step up to the 23s regardless.
So this new intake of 11 youngsters is vital to supplement the under-18s, and several of them have experience at the level already.
- Eric Hanbury (Goalkeeper)
- Tom Wooster (Goalkeeper)
- Sonny Aljofree (Defender)
- Tyler Fredricson (Defender)
- Maxi Oyedele (Defender)
- Sam Murray (Defender)
- Marcus Lawrence (Defender)
- Kobbie Mainoo (Midfielder)
- Sam Mather (Midfielder)
- Daniel Gore (Midfielder)
- Manni Norkett (Forward)
Kobbie Mainoo played 11 times for the under-23s last season, with the winger making his debut at 15.
Goalkeeper Tom Wooster was an addition from Barnsley last season and is an England youth international.
Midfielder Daniel Gore is a particularly exciting player, scoring for the under-18s in the FA Youth Cup last season. Sam Murray and Max Oyedele also have under-18s experience already, while winger Sam Mather made the bench.
Striker Manni Norkett is a player to keep an eye on. He signed for United at 13 after snubbing interest from Wolves and Everton. Now 16, Norkett has a chance to take the next step along with his teammates.
United’s under-18s finished second in the league last season and this group of players could have a prominent part to play in helping this season’s team try to go one better.
This won’t be it either. Expect United to add to this group with new signings as the summer progresses.
- Ralf Rangnick says Erik ten Hag is 'the best possible coach' for Manchester United
- How much Erik ten Hag will earn as Manchester United manager
- Manchester United star could become absolutely terrifying under Erik ten Hag
- 4-3-3: Predicted Manchester United XI v Arsenal: Ronaldo and Varane to start
- Rangnick recommended defensive midfielder to United and was 'surprised' scouts said he was not good enough
- What channel is Arsenal vs Manchester United on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- 'I don't get it'… Lou Macari questions Manchester United training schedule and blasts players
- Rangnick suggests Manchester United star has played his last game this season, contract expiring
- Manchester United set to keep set pieces coach Eric Ramsay under Ten Hag
- Rarely seen Manchester United star replies to fan urging Rangnick to pick him vs Arsenal