Charlie McNeill finished his first season at Manchester United with a flourish.
The United trainee struck a hat-trick for the under-18s in a thumping win over Middlesbrough.
McNeill was one of two United players to bag a hat-trick in a 8-1 win.
Dillon Hoogewerf also scored three goals, with Zidane Iqbal and Alejandro Garnacho also on the scoresheet.
McNeill ended the season with 25 goals in 24 games in all competitions.
24 of those goals came in 22 league games, with one in two FA Youth Cup matches.
McNeill also has a further seven assists, taking his total goal contributions to 32 for the season.
It is a truly staggering effort for a player in his first season for United’s academy.
McNeill is only 17, and while he arrived at United with a big reputation with tales of his scoring exploits for City’s academy, he has outperformed expectations.
McNeill’s season might not be over even if the under-18s campaign has finished.
There’s a chance he could get called up for the under-23s for their game with Derby on Monday night.
United also have an opportunity to bring him into train with the first team, and perhaps involve him with the senior squad with heavy rotation expected over the final few weeks.
If he does get a few first team minutes, it will be richly deserved.
- Manchester United set to resume training
- Charlie McCann sends message after leaving Manchester United
- United announce Rashford is set for surgery on shoulder injury
- Raphael Varane says goodbye to Real Madrid after agreeing to join United
- Photos: Sancho features as Manchester United officially release new 2021/22 away kit
- Report provides update on United’s Covid situation after Preston friendly is cancelled
- Alejandro Garnacho grabs brace in Manchester United under-18s win over Tottenham
- Laurent Blanc said it was ‘an honour’ to be compared to Raphael Varane
- Logan Pye signs Manchester United pro contract
- Harry Maguire pictured enjoying holiday abroad
- Sergio Ramos and Marcelo congratulate Raphael Varane on Manchester United move