Manchester United loanee Tahith Chong is closing in on a return to fitness.
The Dutchman was pictured running at Carrington as he pushes to recover from injury.
Once fully fit again, Chong will return to Birmingham City for the remainder of his loan move.
It won’t be long for Chong
At first it was feared Chong could be out until around April, with Birmingham boss Lee Bowyer explaining he expected him back for just the ‘last few games’.
Bowyer told BBC Sport last year: “I feel so sorry for Tahith Chong because his injury is so hard to explain. It’s crazy. There was no one near him when it happened. It was a five-yard pass from off the pitch playing it back on and he damaged his groin area.
“It’s a massive loss, but he’ll come back stronger from this. He should, unless he has any setback, make the last few games. We’ll not turn our backs on him and say that’s it. He’s been great for us. He’s played a big part. He’s played every minute, near enough.”
Now there is a lot more optimism that Chong could be ready to return to Birmingham as soon as next month.
Bowyer told Birmingham Live: “He’s ahead of schedule. I don’t want to put a date on it but he’s ahead of schedule — quite a bit ahead of schedule.”
He is moving well in training, with the picture, top, coming from a video he posted to his Instagram stories.
Birmingham are keen to get him back, and there he will be reunited with fellow Manchester United youngster Teden Mengi, who sealed a loan move to the club last week.
Mengi made his debut at the weekend in a FA Cup defeat to Plymouth, a match where he acquitted himself well with his centre-back partner sent off.
- Facundo Pellistri plays 70 minutes on international debut in Uruguay win
- Big transfer moves in Europe impact Manchester United, including target's £62.4m switch
- Bryan Robson believes Anthony Elanga emergence will “spur” Manchester United star on
- Harry Maguire talks up 'amazing' Manchester United teammate
- 'Big champion': Manager praises 'disillusioned' Manchester United ace following agonising loss
- Manchester United loanee tipped to have big impact in title race by Sky pundit
- 'All the talent in the world': Maguire challenges Manchester United wonderkid to kick on
- United youngster Amad pictured in Rangers kit as loan deal sealed
- Photo: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer pictured as Manchester United Women U21 win 5-0
- Pictures: Pogba posts training update during break as Ronaldo joins another Manchester United teammate
- Scottish league champions set to sign Manchester United wonderkid on loan