Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has conducted his pre-match press conference ahead of the trip to face Fulham tomorrow night.
The briefing was streamed live on the Manchester United official app at 1:30pm.
Solskjaer was asked about how Amad Diallo had settled in and was full of praise for the way the winger had trained so far.
He also said that a debut for the young wideman could come within a matter of weeks.
“Very good. He can handle the ball, he’s enjoyed training, he makes a difference in training, which is quite remarkable at his age,” said Solskjaer when asked for his first impression of Diallo.
“He needs some adjustment to settle into the hustle and bustle of the Premier League but I can’t see it’s too long until he’s in the squad.
When asked if that would be in four or five weeks, he said: “It might be quicker than that, he’s definitely settled down, well, players have taken to him, he’s a good character, polite, smiley boy who works really hard.
“He’s doing his sessions, getting used to us, there’s always a period of adjustment needed but he’s settling in well.”
The FA Cup tie against Liverpool on Sunday may see Solskjaer make changes and Diallo would hope to be involved on the bench in that one.
It seems like he’s made a real impression on Solskjaer and a debut doesn’t seem too far away.
The excitement is building and building ahead of Diallo’s first appearance, whenever it proves to be.
There’s a spot on the right of United’s midfield ready and waiting for anyone within the squad who steps up to grab it.
- Paul Pogba and Edinson Cavani react to Manchester United win
- Dean Henderson has now kept five clean sheets in a row
- Fernandes sends message to Dalot after first league goal for Milan
- Mike Phelan reacts to United’s derby win
- United loanee Tahith Chong provides assist in Club Brugge win
- Harry Maguire raves about Luke Shaw’s performance
- Manchester United fans react to Anthony Martial’s performance
- Pep Guardiola praises United’s display
- Solskjaer says Shaw and Martial nearly did not start against City
- United fans react to Aaron Wan-Bissaka’s performance