Scott McTominay was missed in Manchester United’s most recent game against Wolves.
The tenacious midfielder has had a spell on the sidelines after a groin operation in August.
The international break has worked out pretty well for United, with McTominay missing Scotland’s time rather than the club’s.
The midfielder’s absence was only expected to last for a month and it seems likely McTominay will be back in action this September.
McTominay on Sunday night sent a message on Instagram, with the simple logo attached, saying ‘soon’.
United probably won’t rush McTominay back against either Newcastle or Young Boys days later.
But it is very possible he returns in time to play a part in one of the two matches against West Ham in late September in the league and Carabao Cup.
After that, United face Aston Villa in the Premier League and Villarreal in the Champions League to end the month.
In a previous Instagram message he sent to the fans after confirming the surgery, McTominay said: “I will be back sooner than you think.”
Keen to return
McTominay is not the only Manchester United player itching to get back to action.
Over the weekend Alex Telles made clear he is desperate to return as he pushes to recover from an ankle injury sustained in pre-season.
The big news at the weekend was Cristiano Ronaldo settling into life in Manchester.
He is quarantining in a large mansion as he sets up home back in England, and he was enjoying an early September stretch of good weather.
Ronaldo was welcomed by Marcus Rashford, who wrote, ‘You’ve brought the sunshine with you brother’
Rashford is another player on the sidelines currently. He returned to light training at the end of August.
It is very possible all three of Rashford, Telles, and McTominay return for United this September, along with Ronaldo of course, who should be ready to start this coming weekend.
- Next Manchester United manager: Four replacements if Solskjaer is sacked
- Cristiano Ronaldo sends message to Manchester United fans after defeat
- David de Gea sends strong message to Manchester United fans
- Jesse Lingard clarifies what happened with Manchester United fan
- Bastian Schweinsteiger reacts to Manchester United’s defeat to Liverpool
- ‘Paul Scholes was right’… United fans react to Liverpool defeat
- Solskjaer reacts to United’s 5-0 defeat to Liverpool
- Harry Maguire reacts to United’s 5-0 defeat to Liverpool
- Manchester United’s three worst players against Liverpool
- Sir Alex Ferguson fumes as Manchester United hammered by Liverpool
- Six things we learned as Manchester United lose 5-0 to Liverpool
- Rio Ferdinand reacts to Manchester United’s meltdown v Liverpool
- Solskjaer issues fitness update on Varane and Martial
- Confirmed Manchester United line-up v Liverpool
- Loanee Ethan Galbraith impresses with assist in rare win