Manchester United had a double boost on Friday as both Marcus Rashford and Mason Greenwood trained in full.
Rashford was a doubt with an ankle injury after missing all three of England’s international matches.
Greenwood had also missed England’s under-21 games with a minor, unspecified, injury.
He also trained at Carrington with the rest of the first team squad.
Manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer told the club website both players would be monitored for a reaction to the training session.
The boss said: “Marcus and Mason trained for the first time this morning. Hopefully, they can get through that today with no reaction for tomorrow. If they complete the session tomorrow, they might be available for selection.”
There was not such good news about Anthony Martial, who missed the session after an injury with France.
Edinson Cavani has been training all week and is expected to start up front.
Rashford and Greenwood are not guaranteed to start as Solskjaer explained, but they are trending in the right direction.
Paul Pogba was also back after completing 90 minutes for France against Bosnia and Herzegovina, his first full game since January.
United host Brighton in the Premier League on Sunday night.
- Chong, Garner, Laird: Mixed night for Manchester United loan trio
- How has Angel Gomes fared since making his debut for French champions Lille?
- Paul Pogba leads responses as Manchester United stars rally round Jesse Lingard
- Jesse Lingard sends emotional message to Manchester United fans
- Manchester United youngsters and rivals congratulate Shola Shoretire on winning goal
- Manchester United are getting the full Cristiano Ronaldo experience, embrace it
- United’s dressing room leaders will ensure there is a response on Sunday
- Making a case for Van De Beek to start for United against West Ham
- Bruno Fernandes’ outrageous assist overshadowed by United loss
- Donny van de Beek sends message to United fans after Young Boys defeat
- Shola Shoretire scores the only goal as United U19s win 1-0 in UEFA Youth League
- Diogo Dalot stakes claim for right-back spot after Wan-Bissaka red card
- How long is Wan-Bissaka’s suspension? Villarreal ace also suspended for United clash
- Sancho’s stuttering start to United career continues, he needs lucky break
- Manchester United fans react to Villarreal v Atalanta result