Photo: Raphael Varane trains with Manchester United for the first time
Raphael Varane has undergone his first training session as a Manchester United player.
In a picture uploaded to social media by Nemanja Matic, Varane is spotted setting out to train with his United teammates.
United then released more images, which included a shot of Varane and Jadon Sancho together.
Varane’s first United interview was published earlier today after his unveiling as a Red Devils player at the weekend.
The centre-back said: “I came here because I wanted new emotions and it was exactly what I expected and bigger. It was massive, a great moment, and I want to say to the fans thank you, and I will do my best to leave everything on the pitch.”
Varane is working towards being passed fit to be involved in United’s squad to face Southampton at the weekend.
Eric Bailly was also pictured returning to training today, while Amad was also seen on the training pitch back at Carrington. Jesse Lingard also made his return.
Getting Varane in for the first time will give the whole United squad a big boost, as if they needed one.
United began the season with a spectacular 5-1 opening weekend victory against Leeds, and confidence is flowing. Varane makes the team more resilient and an even bigger force to be reckoned with.
- Who is the 26-year-old World Cup midfielder Manchester United reportedly want to sign?
- Manchester United wonderkid 'not in any rush' to return to Old Trafford, says manager
- £30m Ghana sensation credits Manchester United boss Erik ten Hag and explains Red Devils snub
- 3 Juventus players Manchester United could target – including 20-year-old sensation
- 'Weak point'… Neville slams World Cup star, says Manchester United ace would do better job
- 'He's not a leader'… Manchester United star under-fire from pundit in his own country
- Casemiro responds to Neymar's claim he is the best midfielder in the world
- 20-year-old powerhouse recommended to Manchester United by Rangnick dominates v £97m opponent
- Manchester United star vows 'important game', potential first World Cup start incoming
- 'Bit awkward there': Gary Neville urges international boss to play Manchester United star in favoured position
- 'Absurd'… National team's physio praises Manchester United star's 'great work rate'
- Bryan Robson warns rest of Premier League that 'terrific' Manchester United star is only going to get better
- Report: Manchester United could sign £113m star for just £86m including add-ons
- Manchester United star can carry nation's World Cup hopes like Mbappe does for France, says PL ace
- Manchester United star skins Arsenal man with outrageous piece of skill in World Cup training session