Eric Bailly has been pictured arriving at Carrington for training for the first time this season.
Bailly was pictured on Paul Pogba’s Instagram feed, smiling and joking around as he greeted his close pal.
This is the first time this summer Bailly has been back at Carrington.
After a summer break, Bailly linked up with the Ivory Coast squad for a training camp before heading to the Olympics games in Japan as an overage player in the under-23 squad.
Ivory Coast reached the quarter-finals before being eliminated in extra-time by eventual runners-up Spain.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer told the club website, last Friday that Bailly and Amad were back in the UK and were waiting clearance to return to training.
Amad was pictured in training on his own social media feed.
There are questions ongoing whether the winger will be loaned out, and where to. But for now, he is back at United.
Solskjaer also told the club website he was hoping goalkeeper Dean Henderson would return to training on Monday after a spell out.
Tough challenge ahead for Bailly
Bailly returns as United’s fourth choice centre-back after the acquisition of Raphael Varane.
There will be plenty of games to go around, and Bailly has to show he deserves more opportunities, in the games he gets.
It may be tough for him to accept a reduced role, but he recently signed a new contract, and with Axel Tuanzebe sent out on loan, United will not sanction a departure this summer as it will weaken the club’s defensive depth.
- Conte may be a serial winner domestically but he hasn’t cracked Europe
- Manchester United loanee Dylan Levitt dominates in Dundee United draw
- Marcus Rashford sends message as he looks to fix Manchester United situation
- Three quick fix signings Manchester United could make in January to get back on track
- Manchester United youngster Sonny Aljofree celebrates meeting Cristiano Ronaldo
- Is a diamond formation the solution to Manchester United’s problems?
- Manchester United youngster Malachi Sharpe scores on Scotland under-17 debut
- Cristiano Ronaldo sends message as he looks to bounce back with Manchester United
- Five substitutes rule change would benefit Manchester United whoever is in charge
- Manchester City out of Carabao Cup: Did Manchester United miss out or have lucky escape?
- Three steps Solskjaer can take to avoid bowing out like Jose Mourinho
- Manchester United’s players pictured back in training
- Raphael Varane’s possible return would be Manchester United’s best case scenario
- A look at Antonio Conte’s record vs Manchester United
- Fred and McTominay stepped up for Solskjaer last season and he needs them to improve