Paul Pogba spoke to Le Parisien after France’s draw against Ukraine at the weekend and he was not happy.
The team got back on track after five successive draws, to beat Finland 2-0 in a World Cup qualifier.
Pogba played a key role, dominating possession and helping France register 20 shots in total compared to Finland’s three.
Pogba touched the ball a total of 142 times in the win, the highest of any player on the pitch.
His closest teammate was Adrien Rabiot (101). Finland’s most involved player managed 76 touches, just over half Pogba’s total.
The Manchester United star completed 94 per cent of his passes in the process.
Pogba created one chance, and registered a team high three interceptions.
He was playing as part of a two-man central midfield amid a 3-4-1-2 formation.
Pogba made 17 ball recoveries. L’Equipe reported this was the highest by a France player since 2014, when Pogba himself managed 18.
One of three United starters
Anthony Martial started up front for France along with Karim Benzema. But it was Antoine Griezmann who scored both of France’s goals.
Martial played well, creating two chances, and linked up well with his teammates. He scored France’s goal in the previous match.
Raphael Varane was impressive in central defence as usual, keeping a clean sheet.
He made four clearances and three interceptions as part of a three-man backline with Kurt Zouma and Presnel Kimpembe.
- Next Manchester United manager: Four replacements if Solskjaer is sacked
- Cristiano Ronaldo sends message to Manchester United fans after defeat
- David de Gea sends strong message to Manchester United fans
- Jesse Lingard clarifies what happened with Manchester United fan
- Bastian Schweinsteiger reacts to Manchester United’s defeat to Liverpool
- ‘Paul Scholes was right’… United fans react to Liverpool defeat
- Solskjaer reacts to United’s 5-0 defeat to Liverpool
- Harry Maguire reacts to United’s 5-0 defeat to Liverpool
- Manchester United’s three worst players against Liverpool
- Sir Alex Ferguson fumes as Manchester United hammered by Liverpool
- Six things we learned as Manchester United lose 5-0 to Liverpool
- Rio Ferdinand reacts to Manchester United’s meltdown v Liverpool
- Solskjaer issues fitness update on Varane and Martial
- Confirmed Manchester United line-up v Liverpool
- Loanee Ethan Galbraith impresses with assist in rare win