Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was quizzed about Cristiano Ronaldo after Manchester United’s win over Wolves.
Solskjaer says he sees Ronaldo mainly as a centre-forward although is prepared to be flexible with different systems.
Speaking to Sky Sports after the game, Solskjaer said: “He used to play wide right wide left, he has evolved as a player. He is more of a centre-forward for me at the moment.
“There will be games we play with two up front or three up front, but I want him in the box, scoring goals.
“Everyone that cares for United wanted this to happen but the biggest thing is that Cristiano wanted to come here.
“He’s not signed to sit on the bench. He will make us a better team.”
Asked whether Ronaldo will feature for United in the next home game against Newcastle, Solskjaer responded, “I hope so.”
Ronaldo may be 36 and he is not likely to score 60 plus goals in a season like he did for Real Madrid twice, but he is still incredibly prolific.
He scored 101 goals in 133 matches for Juventus, with his performances keeping the Serie A side from slipping into mid-table obscurity.
United have a few options up front already, with Mason Greenwood now netting three goals in three games.
His third came against Wolves from out on the right, and he will likely be stationed out there more frequently.
Edinson Cavani also came off the bench against Wolves and he could play a big part in his second and final season at the club.
Anthony Martial’s role is less clear, with the France international trying to rediscover the form which saw him net 23 times in 2019/20.
Marcus Rashford is expected back from injury in late September or early October and he will add to United’s array of forward options.
- 'I'm truly sorry'… Amad sends apology to Manchester United supporters
- 'Absolutely incredible'… Some Manchester United fans react to star's 'world class' performance against Young Boys
- Manchester United's 3 best players against Young Boys
- Robbie Savage's reaction as son Charlie comes on to make Manchester United debut
- 5 things learned as Manchester United draw 1-1 against Young Boys
- Ralf Rangnick sends message to Manchester United's youngsters ahead of Young Boys clash
- Confirmed Manchester United XI v Young Boys: Rangnick makes 11 changes
- Zidane Iqbal: The Manchester United teenager with an eye for a spectacular goal
- Has Cristiano Ronaldo ever scored in all six Champions League group games before?
- Charlie Savage: The Manchester United talent who wants to become his own man
- Wagner highlights challenges of facing Rangnick's Manchester United
- 'The future'… Several Manchester United fans excited for Rangnick to unleash 19-year-old whizkid tonight
- 'Baller': Angel Gomes raves about Manchester United star who impressed him so much in training
- What channel is Manchester United v Young Boys on tonight? KO time, live stream and team news
- Manchester United add five extra young players to Champions League squad