Mino Raiola sinks to new low over Paul Pogba's future
Mino Raiola is just the worst. The mega-rich agent has now sunk to a new low over Paul Pogba.
According to Le10Sport, which has mixed reliability, shall we say, Raiola has offered Pogba to Liverpool.
While the source is not the strongest, with Raiola this feels totally believable as a scare tactic for United.
Le10Sport‘s report says Liverpool will not do a deal this summer but could return to try and sign Pogba on a free transfer next summer.
Warning to United
Raiola is trying to get Pogba a move to PSG this summer. So far there is no bid. L’Equipe reported last week that Raiola has been pushing the move.
Pogba’s contract expires next year and he can join any club on a free transfer. That’s where the worry comes in for United.
The prospect of Pogba joining another English club would be a nightmare. It would not be a surprise to see Chelsea go big and try and partner him with France international teammate Ngolo Kante.
It seems silly on United’s part to let Pogba’s contract tick down and allow this to become a possibility.
The prospect of Pogba joining Liverpool seems slim. The Frenchman would become public enemy number one at United, and it is unlikely he would want to anger the Red Devils by making such a controversial move.
This is a reminder for United that holding onto Pogba for one more season carries serious risk. The Liverpool move, like City, would be a particular nightmare.
It is no surprise to see Raiola explore this, to try and panic United. And to be fair, it is a scare tactic which might just work. It could also push PSG into making a bid, warning them there will be extra competition if they try and sign him for free next year.
United can get a fee for Pogba from PSG now, and end this circus once and for all. In the process the club can ensure he does not play for an English rival.
Last night Pogba was pictured chatting to new United signing Raphael Varane on social media, raising the possibility that he could extend his deal. But with Raiola pulling the strings, it seems remote.
- Like Haaland: Van Dijk names 'quick' Manchester United striker target as one of his toughest opponents
- Manchester United keeping track of 'huge talent' Kouadio Kone
- Amazing unseen footage emerges of Manchester United's 1999 Treble win
- Prolific striker Ralf Rangnick wanted at Manchester United scores 6 goals in one game
- 'I know'… Club chief speaks out over 34-goal Manchester United target amid 'official offer' claims
- 21-year-old Manchester United loanee hits the gym ahead of important summer
- 39-year-old Manchester United man announces retirement from professional football
- 5 Italian players that played for Manchester United amid links with £51m former Atalanta man
- 'I blame the Glazers': Neville says Manchester United should have axed figure years ago
- Manchester United must target £30m 'best in Eredivisie' DM, wore Red Devils shirt in 2021
- Manchester United Champions League winner hailed £43m target as 'fantastic player'