Manchester United fans react to Eric Bailly's performance
Eric Bailly shook off his weekend injury to go back into Manchester United’s starting line up against Burnley.
It was a popular call from Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to bring Bailly in, and the Ivorian showed why.
Bailly has been in terrific form since coming into the side and his display last night once again asked questions as to why he was left out of the Carabao Cup semi-final last week.
He is striking up a solid partnership with Harry Maguire and the duo look impressive together.
Gary Neville told Sky Sports on commentary: “Maguire looks more comfortable alongside him (Bailly) with his pace.”
Having Bailly able to cover Maguire gives the England international more licence to be aggressive and take chances.
Working well together
Bailly made four clearances, more than any United defender. Maguire followed with three.
He also made two interceptions, the highest number of any one in United’s backline.
Burnley pushed United hard. They are an awkward side to defend against and Bailly and Maguire both came through it well.
The duo made a strong case to start at the weekend at Anfield. There will be a lot of disappointed supporters if Victor Lindelof is selected for another big game in Bailly’s place.
It is more than just a partnership. Bailly individually is among the league’s very best when he is fully fit. It is great to see him showcasing his ability once again after a tough injury-hit run.
Here is a look at how United supporters reacted to Bailly’s performance, including some favourable comparisons to Virgil van Dijk…
- What channel is Manchester United v Brighton on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Report: Manchester United want to sign 'special' forward mentored by Ruud van Nistelrooy
- 'Top player': Graham Potter talks up 'great' Manchester United midfielder ahead of Sunday's game
- Manchester United 2022/23 writers season preview: Predictions, breakout player, transfer window verdict
- 4-3-3: Predicted Manchester United XI v Brighton: Two new signings to start
- 3 reasons Manchester United should target Ligue 1 ace, he's a pressing machine
- Erik ten Hag press conference: Manchester United new signings fit to start
- BBC pundit predicts Manchester United to finish second in the Premier League this season
- Manchester United star's training attitude 'excellent' and he is staying late for extra finishing practice
- 6 Manchester United under-21 players to watch as 22/23 season kicks off, including Spanish duo