Manchester United return to the Europa League this week after the club’s narrow elimination from the Champions League in December.
United landed a tough draw against Real Sociedad, who sit in fifth place in La Liga.
The first leg will be held at a neutral venue in Italy, due to restrictions on flights into Spain from England.
The game kicks off on Thursday at 5.55pm, with the second leg a week later at Old Trafford at 8pm.
Who is eligible to play?
United’s official squad list was named on the club’s website.
De Gea, Henderson, Grant, Bishop; Bailly, Jones, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw, Telles, Tuanzebe, Wan-Bissaka, Amad Diallo, Fernandes, Fred, James, Mata, Matic, McTominay, Pogba, Van de Beek, Cavani, Martial, Rashford.
Brandon Williams and Mason Greenwood are both eligible despite not being named in the 24-man squad. They count as homegrown players and do not count as part of the main group.
United could potentially bring other young talents along too, if Solskjaer wanted.
One notable absentee is Sergio Romero, who was not included on the squad list.
Will Amad Diallo feature?
The competition could provide an opportunity for new signing Amad Diallo to make his first team debut. Diallo is eligible after being named in the squad.
He was on the bench for United in the FA Cup and the expanded Europa League bench, with five substitutes eligible, enhances his prospects of selection.
The first hurdle to overcome is to get healthy. Diallo was not in the under-23 squad at the weekend or the first team squad.
The MEN reported this was due to illness. With a decision set to be made shortly on who travels, Diallo needs to show he is ready to make a return to Italy with the rest of the team this week.
If he is not, then he could be waiting until the second leg at Old Trafford for a potential appearance.
- Raphael Varane will fly to Manchester to seal United move on Monday
- Manchester United in August: Predicting the transfer deals to come
- United loanee Bernard makes first Hull appearance in 2-0 win over Red Devils U23 side
- Report: Fenerbahce want to sign United midfielder Pereira
- Hull boss McCann delighted to sign Manchester United’s Di’Shon Bernard on loan
- Henderson is excited by United signing Sancho
- United defender Eric Bailly endures mixed day as Ivory Coast exit Olympics
- Marcus Rashford posts long emotional message after decision to undergo surgery
- Di’Shon Bernard signs new long-term contract with Manchester United
- Manchester United set to resume training