Harry Maguire took part in a full training session for England ahead of Euro 2020 today.
The Manchester United defender had been unable to train fully previously due to an ankle injury sustained against Aston Villa in early May.
This injury ruled Maguire out for the remainder of the Premier League season and the Europa League final.
Maguire was still called into the England squad and his return to injury suggests that was a shrewd decision.
The pictuyre above shows Maguire running, and seemingly at ‘full go’.
The United captain sent a message saying how pleased he was to make his return to the group.
England’s first match is against Croatia on Sunday and Maguire is unlikely to feature.
He will have his eye on the game against Scotland and United teammate Scott McTominay the following Friday as a potential return date.
England may take a sensible approach and leave Maguire out until the final group game.
However, Maguire won’t want to rest up, we know that, as he rarely missed a game for United.
England’s defensive options are far worse without him and a fully fit Maguire will be a big boost for the Three Lions’ chances of tournament success.
Manchester United players at Euro 2020
- Marcus Rashford, Harry Maguire, Luke Shaw, Dean Henderson
- Scott McTominay
- Bruno Fernandes, Diogo Dalot
- Paul Pogba
- David de Gea
- Dan James, Dylan Levitt
- Victor Lindelof
- Which Eric Bailly will we see on his first United appearance of the season?
- Charlie Savage tries claiming deflected own goal and his teammates are not having it
- Ex United duo Falcao and Bebe combine to net late winner for La Liga side
- Teden Mengi produces captain’s performance in EFL Trophy win
- What is Cristiano Ronaldo’s penalty record for Manchester United?
- Ethan Galbraith impresses in cameo role to help Doncaster beat City U21s
- What channel is the Man Utd vs West Ham EFL Cup match on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Solskjaer says Rashford could return after international break
- Bruno Fernandes’ creative numbers compare well with Paul Pogba despite assist gap
- Lothar Matthaus praises Ronaldo’s Manchester United transfer
- Dillon Hoogewerf shows touch of class in Manchester United EFL Trophy win
- Could Charlie McNeill get called up to Manchester United first team squad tonight?
- Hannibal sends message to Manchester United fans from the stands as he cheers teammate’s return
- Joe Hugill scores first Manchester United academy goal since February in EFL Trophy win
- Villarreal star reacts to David de Gea’s Manchester United penalty save