Harry Maguire took part in a full training session for England ahead of Euro 2020 today.
The Manchester United defender had been unable to train fully previously due to an ankle injury sustained against Aston Villa in early May.
This injury ruled Maguire out for the remainder of the Premier League season and the Europa League final.
Maguire was still called into the England squad and his return to injury suggests that was a shrewd decision.
The pictuyre above shows Maguire running, and seemingly at ‘full go’.
The United captain sent a message saying how pleased he was to make his return to the group.
England’s first match is against Croatia on Sunday and Maguire is unlikely to feature.
He will have his eye on the game against Scotland and United teammate Scott McTominay the following Friday as a potential return date.
England may take a sensible approach and leave Maguire out until the final group game.
However, Maguire won’t want to rest up, we know that, as he rarely missed a game for United.
England’s defensive options are far worse without him and a fully fit Maguire will be a big boost for the Three Lions’ chances of tournament success.
Manchester United players at Euro 2020
- Marcus Rashford, Harry Maguire, Luke Shaw, Dean Henderson
- Scott McTominay
- Bruno Fernandes, Diogo Dalot
- Paul Pogba
- David de Gea
- Dan James, Dylan Levitt
- Victor Lindelof
- Manchester United being linked with Sulemana again, Ajax in pole position
- Anthony Martial pictured working out ahead of pre-season
- Manchester United’s 20 most expensive transfer deals of all time
- Mansfield boss delighted to sign Manchester United’s Nathan Bishop on loan
- French media deliver their verdicts on United star Paul Pogba’s display last night
- Fred impresses for Brazil again in dramatic win
- Five German legends comments on Manchester United bound Jadon Sancho
- Diogo Dalot posts message after making Portugal debut
- Victor Lindelof makes timely contribution to help Sweden finish top
- Manchester United fans react to Paul Pogba’s performance
- Pogba and Fernandes embrace at end of France and Portugal draw
- Paul Pogba produces another masterclass as France draw with Portugal
- Anthony Elanga’s rave reviews set him up perfectly for 2021/22
- Jadon Sancho agreement likely ‘in days’ – report
- Neville hails Harry Maguire’s ‘dominant’ performance in England win