While there is a bitter edge to Angel di Maria’s latest return games against Manchester United with Paris Saint-Germain, teammate Ander Herrera will be welcomed back to Old Trafford.
PSG have been drawn in Manchester United’s group for the upcoming Champions League, along with RB Leipzig and Istanbul Basaksehir.
Herrera left United in 2019 to join PSG, and while he has been in and out of their starting line up, he did start the Champions League final for them in August.
United forward Marcus Rashford was in contact with former teammate Herrera on social media last night, and had a simple message for the Spaniard: ‘Game on’.
Herrera was in the United line up when Rashford made his debut, and both players featured in the club’s Europa League win in 2017.
The matches are likely to be played without supporters in attendance, as it stands, and that is a big shame for Herrera who would have got a strong reception at Old Trafford.
Di Maria on the other hand may be very thankful that there will not be a crowd to boo and jeer his every touch.
Another former player, Rafael da Silva, is set to return to Old Trafford with his new club Istanbul Basaksehir.
He has sent a message already expressing how excited he is to return to ‘where it all began’ one more time.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer offers injury update on Manchester United’s left backs
- Alex Telles shows his quality with another strong all round performance
- Hasenhuttl praises Edinson Cavani as a ‘constant danger’ after matchwinning brace
- Manchester United set Premier League record with Southampton win
- Edinson Cavani is going to shake up the Premier League
- Manchester United fans react to Dean Henderson’s performance
- Nemanja Matic did what United needed in impressive comeback win
- Edinson Cavani sends message to fans as De Gea gives injury update
- Paul Pogba reacts to Manchester United’s win