The fourth team drawn in Manchester United’s Champions League group was Istanbul Basaksehir.
The Turkish side reached the Europa League last 16 last season before being knocked out by Copenhagen.
Just last month they signed former Manchester United star Rafael da Silva.
Rafael is a cult hero at Old Trafford after winning Premier League titles in 2008/09, 2010/11, and 2012/13.
He has spent the past six years at Lyon and now his fresh start in Turkey will bring home and away ties against Manchester United.
Rafael did not waste any time reacting to the draw, making clear he would find the occasions emotional ones.
Rafael is not the only former Premier League player starring for Istanbul Basaksehir.
Their squad features former Tottenham winger Nacer Chadli, former Chelsea and Newcastle striker Demba Ba, and ex-Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel.
With RB Leizpig and Paris Saint-Germain in the group, United will be looking at the games against Basaksehir needing to get six points.
- Liverpool tie looks like Odion Ighalo’s last chance to play for Manchester United
- Pellistri and Diallo have versatility to both ultimately start together for United
- Donny van de Beek can prove he is ready for Manchester United superstardom this weekend
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Liverpool
- Solskjaer praises development of full backs Shaw and Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer has reportedly rejected loan bids for van de Beek, Tuanzebe and Williams
- Cavani is finally bringing success to Manchester United’s number 7 shirt
- Loan for Facundo Pellistri can work if it fast-tracks his United success
- Fred’s late battling shows why he is so important to United