Fred pictured taking a dive on holiday
Manchester United midfielder Fred has been enjoying a holiday in Croatia.
Fred flew out last week after being denied the opportunity to travel to ‘red-list’ Brazil.
Croatia is a ‘green-list’ country, meaning there are no travel restrictions or quarantine requirements going to and from the UK.
He seems to be enjoying himself. Fred posted a video on social media attempting a dive into the sea.
Except as you can see from the image below, it doesn’t exactly go according to plan…
Due back with his teammates
Fred will be expected back in Manchester possibly even as soon as today (Monday).
With Scott McTominay out injured still, Fred is a near-certain starter when United face Newcastle at the weekend.
Keeping him fresh, physically and mentally, is in United’s interests and it is certainly better to have him enjoy a holiday rather than travel to Brazil to take part in their World Cup qualifiers.
To say Fred divides opinion among United fans is fair. He is viewed by many as a weak link in midfield, while others appreciate the off-ball work he contributes to the team.
One thing which can’t be disputed is that his diving needs plenty of work…
- 'Really good': Erik ten Hag says he has been impressed by 'high potential' Manchester United player in training
- 7 Manchester United players could make first appearance against Manchester City for Red Devils
- Pep Guardiola hails 'incredible' Manchester United player as well as 4 Red Devils midfielders
- Ten Hag press conference: Manchester United star doing 'really well' in training, could come into team vs City
- 4-3-3: Manchester United's strongest XI on FIFA 23, top scorer and two Ten Hag favourites miss out
- 'Technical ability is frightening': Teammate raves about player Manchester United let go this summer
- 'It was ready'… Manchester United star visited Real Madrid ahead of potential transfer, says former agent
- Manchester United star has already proved he was right to snub £17m City move, now he must show them
- Manchester United star thrilled to win award he did not know existed
- Opinion: Ten Hag must be considering brave call to start 20-year-old in Manchester derby
- One year since his worst Manchester United moment, 23-year-old is at career high point
- 'He's promised'… Manchester United star's mum says she hopes he signs with former club
- Dutch football expert explains why Antony and Lisandro Martinez could dominate Manchester derby
- Report: Two Manchester United players have not trained fully this week and could now miss the derby
- Roberto Carlos explains why he'd have liked to play alongside two Manchester United stars