Former Manchester United youngster Aidan Barlow offered deal at Doncaster
After a year out of football, Aidan Barlow has an offer on the table.
Manchester United released Barlow in 2020, judging that the talented midfielder was not ready to make the next step to the first team.
The former England youth international did not find it easy to find a new club.
Barlow ended up sitting out the entire 2020/21 season. Now he is preparing to make a comeback.
Barlow has been on trial at League One side Doncaster Rovers, and he has done enough to impress.
Doncaster boss Richie Wellens, a former United trainee himself, told the Free Press that an offer to Barlow has been made.
Wellens confirmed: “A contract offer has gone out to Aidan.”
The 21-year-old may have missed a year of action, but he does have first team experience under his belt, after a spell on loan at Tromso in Norway.
Barlow netted two goals in seven appearances for the Norwegian side.
Early on for United’s academy side the young midfielder looked like he could go on to challenge for the first team one day.
He scored 13 goals for Manchester United’s under-18 side and two goals for the under-23s.
The young midfielder is still a bright talent and a move to League One is a good platform for him.
It is good to see him taking steps to get back on track. Barlow is still young enough to go on and have a successful career.
- Triple sale would be a ruthless way for Erik ten Hag to start Manchester United's summer
- Manchester United offered chance to sign star Ten Hag sold for £23.8m
- Manchester United cancel the end of season awards ceremony, it's the right decision
- 5 Ajax players who will actually improve Manchester United: Including £50m target
- How Manchester United could make £120 million in player sales this summer to get £240m budget
- Nemanja Matic tells Manchester United fans an absolute diamond is coming through who has surprised him
- 21-year-old striker confirms Manchester United exit on Instagram
- 'Monster' ex Manchester United centre-back used to demand to train 1 v 2
- Manchester United transfer target nicknamed 'the butcher of Amsterdam', he shut Haaland down
- Manchester United loanee backed to 'score lots of goals' under Erik ten Hag
- Manchester United should listen to Ten Hag's words and offer swap deal to get Antony: Opinion