Manchester United face Watford this weekend, and in normal circumstances, this could potentially be a goal glut for the Red Devils.
Taking on one of the newly promoted teams is a chance for a side like United’s to shine, especially considering Watford’s defence is one of the few which have conceded more than we have this season (19 to 17).
So, in theory, this would be a weekend for Fantasy Football players to load up on Manchester United’s stars.
It says everything about the lack of faith in United at the moment, that players are veering away from gambling on Red Devils difference makers.
United players unpopular
According to data from the Premier League’s Fantasy Football game, there are just two Manchester United players among the top 50 most ‘transferred in’ players this week.
These include Cristiano Ronaldo, who is only the 16th most popular add, and David de Gea, who ranks at number 49.
Mason Greenwood and Bruno Fernandes rank outside the top 50.
Unsurprisingly, players are shunning United’s clean-sheet wary defence. The team have shut opponents out just twice in 11 games.
Ronaldo is one of the costliest players on the game, setting users back 12.4 points from their overall 100.0 budget.
Part of the challenge for users selecting United’s players is estimating who Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will pick in his XI.
Ronaldo is a near guarantee to start, as usually is Fernandes, but the other two attacking positions are harder to gauge.
Tough upcoming games against Chelsea and Arsenal don’t add to the attraction of United’s players either.
A Premier League experts XI has also failed to name any Manchester United players in their top tips for selection this weekend.
If you are playing, and want to gamble on a United player, it could pay off, as many others will not be making the same selection. But its a risky strategy considering the team’s poor form.
- What is Cristiano Ronaldo’s record like against Chelsea?
- What channel is the Chelsea v Man Utd Premier League match on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Charlie McNeill continues hot streak despite U23s defeat
- Ralf Rangnick is the perfect man to hand over to an elite permanent United manager
- Who is Ronald Araujo and why is he being linked to Manchester United?
- Cavani issues fitness update ahead of United’s clash with Chelsea
- Josh King admits blocked Manchester United move was worst moment of his career
- Carrick says van de Beek is capable of playing as a false nine
- Rangnick tipped to have same impact at United like Tuchel did at Chelsea
- Manchester United fans react to Dusan Vlahovic reports
- Ralf Rangnick’s comments bring cause for concern for Luke Shaw