Manchester United’s players welcomed Eric Bailly back to full training ahead of tonight’s fixture with Burnley.
Bailly went off injured against Watford in Saturday’s FA Cup tie. News of his swift return is good news.
Even so it is uncertain if he will be back into the line up tonight against Burnley.
United have two matches against Liverpool after this in the league and cup and have to be cautious with Bailly’s fitness.
Victor Lindelof is also dealing with an injury ahead of the game against Burnley and Bailly could just be a back-up for Axel Tuanzebe who completed all 90 minutes against Watford.
United also have the complication of Harry Maguire being just one yellow card away from a one game suspension.
With all of this in mind, United continue to call on Teden Mengi as an option to train with the first team. The youngster has been in and around the squad for most of this season.
It was also good to see Edinson Cavani with the team as he plans for his return.
Cavani’s three game ban is now over and he could start against Burnley this evening to warm up for the games against Liverpool.
United face Burnley at 8pm tonight at Turf Moor knowing a draw or a win will take the team to the top of the Premier League table.
- Who is reported Manchester United target Facundo Medina?
- Three reasons for Manchester United to be wary of Fulham
- Anthony Elanga vows ‘I’ll be back’ after injury
- Solskjaer praises Diallo’s training performances once again
- After Phil Neville lands Inter Miami job, son Harvey provides first United u23 assist
- Hannibal Mejbri shows a touch of class in under-23s defeat
- United fans hope Diallo could feature this week after u23 absence
- Three players Manchester United were lucky to avoid in the summer
- United fans react to Anthony Elanga’s impressive under-23 performance
- Manchester United must fix right wing problem, says Gary Neville