Diogo Dalot makes first Premier League appearance since February 2020
Diogo Dalot is back at Manchester United and he looks set to play a role this season.
Journalist Fabrizio Romano reported at the weekend that Dalot is considered ‘non-transferable’ and he will stay put.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer showed some faith in Dalot by bringing him off the bench to see out a win away at Wolves on Sunday.
Dalot replaced goalscorer Mason Greenwood in the 89th minute and played out the last few minutes of injury time.
There was time for him to get booked for a foul, and he touched the ball five times.
Just getting back onto the pitch was progress for Dalot. It has been a long time since he played a competitive game for United.
When was Dalot’s last Premier League appearance?
Dalot spent last season out on loan at AC Milan. Before he left last September, he featured in the Carabao Cup win against Brighton.
To find his last Premier League appearance you have to go back even further, before the lockdown.
Dalot’s last league game for United came back on February 2020 away at Chelsea.
Dalot was a late substitute in the 2-0 win at Stamford Bridge in which Anthony Martial and Harry Maguire scored.
After the lockdown, Dalot was frequently overlooked, with Timothy Fosu-Mensah promoted ahead of him. In that stretch he made just one FA Cup appearance in the win over Norwich.
Now Dalot is back in favour, albeit still behind Aaron Wan-Bissaka, with Brandon Williams sent out on loan.
Dalot scored in the pre-season win over Everton and seemed to clinch his role in the squad.
Now he has an opportunity back at United, he has to make sure he seizes it.
- 21 direct goal involvements in last 14 games : 23-year-old Manchester United target shines on international stage
- International boss explains why he trialled Manchester United ace in new position and gives verdict on display
- Ralf Rangnick relegated as Austria slump to third defeat in a row
- 'No chance': Manchester United star gutted after 4-1 loss and desperate to avoid relegation
- Barcelona sporting director says Manchester United have made a very good decision
- 'World class': Teammate raves over Manchester United star after 'frighteningly good' international performance
- Manchester United receive a favour as international boss learns same lesson as Ten Hag
- 'Whatever we need': £113m star praises Manchester United ace
- 8 Chances Created: Manchester United star produces masterclass in upset international win
- 'Disaster': Player released from Manchester United last summer leaps to the defence of former teammate
- 18-year-old Manchester United whizkid who's trained with first team scores first youth international goal
- Cristiano Ronaldo has been helping Manchester United teammate improve a specific aspect of his game
- Manchester United could pursue 45-cap international if club makes big decision on Ten Hag regular
- Manchester United man ruled out of crucial international clash through suspension
- Former Manchester United captain hopes Red Devils sign 20-year-old who could have been signed for £4.5m