Manchester United’s momentous win away to AC Milan was an attention grabbing victory.
It was the type of result which makes people sit up and take notice.
One of who was Harry Maguire’s England international teammate Declan Rice.
Rice responded to Maguire’s Instagram message, describing the result as ‘incredible’.
The West Ham midfielder is seen as one of United’s top options if the club prioritise the signing of a defensive midfielder this summer.
A report in The Sun this week claim both director of football John Murtough and technical director Darren Fletcher are big admirers of Rice.
The problem is that he won’t come cheap, and he could be too expensive for United.
One factor working in United’s favour is using Jesse Lingard in a possible part-exchange deal, and his valuation will have increased this week after being named in the latest England squad.
If West Ham fail to earn international football this season, and they are close right now, then there is potential Rice could be tempted to move if an offer presents itself.
He would surely rather be playing in big European ties at the San Siro, then leaving messages about them.
- Manchester United stars including Ronaldo respond to Bruno Fernandes
- Teammates react to 17-year-old’s three assists with Ronaldo comments
- Ethan Laird is one of the Championship’s best dribblers
- Greenwood petrified Villa but he lacked composure at crucial moments
- Varane leadership crucial ahead of first United Champions League start
- Villarreal top striker misses Real Madrid game ahead of United clash
- One bittersweet positive from a terrible day for Manchester United
- 55 shots in two games and 0 goals: Three reasons it’s going wrong for Manchester United
- Bruno Fernandes creates 10 chances in one game: Positives despite penalty miss
- Three changes to Manchester United’s back four looking likely for Villarreal clash