Cristiano Ronaldo comments on Instagram after Manchester United win
Manchester United produced a strong second half performance to see off Brentford.
United won 3-1 with goals from Anthony Elanga, Mason Greenwood and Marcus Rashford.
Cristiano Ronaldo helped create United’s second goal with a chest pass to Bruno Fernandes who assisted Greenwood, before he was substituted.
Ronaldo did not look happy to be taken off, but after the game he put out a positive message for his teammates.
United’s number seven hailed an ‘important’ three points with United registering a first league win of 2022.
United’s position in the Premier League table
Manchester United are in seventh place, still, despite the victory. The team have now drawn level on points with Arsenal – but the Gunners have a better goal difference and a game in hand.
Tottenham won this evening which moves them to fifth, one point ahead – and with two games in hand.
West Ham are fourth, two points ahead of United, but the Red Devils have one match in hand on the Hammers – and the two teams face off at Old Trafford on Saturday.
The big threat is clearly Tottenham, who had been 2-1 down to Leicester in injury time this evening before turning it round and winning 3-2, with Brendan Rodgers’ side crumbling again.
Spurs could be seven points ahead of United if they win their matches in hand, so United cannot afford to drop too many points.
Chelsea are not uncatchable in third. They have played two more matches than United, and if Ralf Rangnick’s side win both games, the gap will be just three points.
- 'Big transfers'… Ten Hag says Ajax could cash in on star players including Antony and Timber and raise £100 million
- Paul Pogba sends message to Manchester United's FA Youth Cup stars
- Manchester United's incredible potential XI under Ten Hag with 5 new signings including De Jong and Nunez
- Ex Real Madrid whizkid 'standout talent' and honoured to win Manchester United award
- Ten Hag hails 'no brainer' as Manchester United transfer target wins award
- Murtough flies out for Ten Hag talks, and two yet to be announced new faces, 4 key signings targeted
- Alejandro Garnacho pays tribute to Cristiano Ronaldo after FA Youth Cup win
- Redefining Maguire, Ten Hag's philosophy: 5 obvious things Manchester United must do this summer
- 'We just made history'… Manchester United youngsters celebrate FA Youth Cup win
- 'Very happy' Ten Hag hails 'winning culture of iron' as he talks up 'amazing' title victory
- Two Manchester United whizkids upstage Youth Cup finalists to send message to Ten Hag