Bruno Fernandes has confirmed he is set to return to training at Manchester United on Tuesday.
Fernandes says he is ‘fully charged’ and ready to rejoin his teammates.
Fernandes’ international teammate Diogo Dalot returned to training on Monday.
Fernandes was either given an extra day off, or was required to by quarantine rules after holiday abroad. Either way, he is set to return on Tuesday.
He seems to be itching to return, having had an enjoyable break with his family since Portugal’s elimination from Euro 2020 back on June 27.
Fernandes will have had a full month rest from playing football, which was sorely needed.
Since June last year, Fernandes played more than 70 games in the ensuing year for club and country. It was an outrageous amount.
It led to some peaks and dips in form, and the highs are what we would rather remember. He scored 28 goals and provided 18 assists last season.
Fernandes did seem to be tailing off a little at the end, and so the rest will have done him good. United also need to use the squad a bit more sensibly this season.
The Portuguese star has already expressed his excitement about the club’s transfer business. He has welcomed Jadon Sancho and also made a quip about United’s incoming move for Raphael Varane.
Getting Fernandes back will raise the intensity of pre-season, and the players will feel like this is when business really picks up. There is a small chance he could play in the friendly against Preston on Saturday, although Wednesday’s match against Brentford will surely come too soon.
- Is Man Utd vs Villa on TV? Kick off time, team news and prediction
- Solskjaer says de Gea has been smashing personal bests in United’s fitness tests
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Aston Villa
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s record against Aston Villa
- David de Gea excited by Cristiano Ronaldo’s early impact
- Solskjaer offers update on Cavani ahead of Villa clash
- Aston Villa boss Smith raves about United loanee Axel Tuanzebe
- Manchester United’s top under-23s scorers and assist leaders for 2021/22
- Manchester United’s top under-18s scorers and assist leaders for 2021/22
- Manchester United have doubts over signing Declan Rice
- Uruguay negotiating to try and secure Edinson Cavani release for October international fixtures