Anthony Martial sends message to Dan James
Manchester United’s players have been showing support for Dan James after his exit from the club.
James was sold to Leeds for £25 million after two years at Old Trafford.
The winger was Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s first signing and he was sold amid United’s progression and upwards trajectory, with a difficult battle for first team football lying ahead.
James was a popular member of the United first team and Bruno Fernandes was quick to wish him well after his exit.
More messages followed with Anthony Martial sending the winger a message wishing him well.
Diogo Dalot was another player to express kind words for James as he left United.
The Portuguese right-back said he believes to Welshman has a ‘brilliant future’ ahead.
Juan Mata, David de Gea and Scott McTominay also showed their respects towards the outgoing teammate.
James started the two of the first three games of the season for United including the 5-1 win against Leeds.
But his progress was often limited by the knowledge there were more exciting options to take his place.
He was dropped entirely for the game at Southampton and did not make it off the bench, before being hooked less than an hour into the game against Wolves.
It is hard for any player to gain any match rhythm when being used so irregularly and United have done the right thing by James in letting him leave.
At Leeds he will get a chance to show what he can do on a more regular basis, under a manager in Marcelo Bielsa whose interest dates back three years.
- Glazers will sell Manchester United for right price, says Michael Knighton, who calls for talks with Ratcliffe over investment
- 'Unreal', 'Absolute player'… Teammates react as 21-year-old Manchester United talent's loan spell ends
- 5 Darwin Nunez alternatives for Manchester United, including award-winning 34-goal forward
- 7 Argentina players who have played for Manchester United including a now 38-year-old free agent
- Ten Hag eyeing £25 million move for Ajax's player of the season
- 5 alternatives to Frenkie de Jong for Manchester United, one is free, another is the PL's top bargain
- Manchester United target Antony could leave Ajax this summer, admits Daley Blind
- 19-year-old defensive midfielder thrilled to join Cristiano Ronaldo in Manchester United training
- 'He can completely destroy an opponent': Ten Hag's £14.4m Ajax star raves about former Manchester United boss
- Manchester United XI that could leave this summer, including two France internationals
- 20-year-old Manchester United talent compared to De Ligt could be big winner under Ten Hag
- Ralf Rangnick gets triple injury boost ahead of final game as Manchester United manager
- Brazilian press report Antony is keen to leave Ajax, Manchester United make 'concrete proposal'
- An XI of players that has played with Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi including 3 former Manchester United stars
- Manchester United loanee gets international call despite only 71 minutes action in four months