Anthony Elanga scores brace for Sweden's under-21s
Manchester United superkid Anthony Elanga scored a brace for Sweden’s under-21 side.
Elanga scored two goals as Sweden’s under-21s beat Montenegro 2-1.
This followed up a two goals in two games for Sweden’s under-21s at the end of last season.
He can’t stop scoring
Elanga has four goals in his last three under-21 games for Sweden.
Delve a little deeper and his goals across his last few appearances have been non-stop across all levels.
Elanga scored for United’s first team against Wolves on the last day of the Premier League season.
This followed a brace for United’s under-23s against Derby in a preceding game.
He then struck two goals in two under-21 games for Sweden, before netting two in three friendly games for Manchester United in pre-season.
Add in this brace now for Sweden and Elanga is up to nine goals in his last nine appearances in all competitions.
Ready to return
Elanga was injured after playing and scoring in United’s third pre-season game. It was unfortunate timing as it took him out of the team when he had earned a spot.
He returned to training a fortnight ago although did not feature in United’s squad against Wolves.
Now Elanga has shown he is fit and firing and ready to contribute, with Solskjaer deciding not to send him on loan.
Elanga can fill the void left by Dan James and his goal contribution at all levels shows he is worthy of an opportunity, no matter how strong the competition.
This brace was a reminder to Solskjaer that he is an option once again, even with Ronaldo also waiting in the wings.
- 21 direct goal involvements in last 14 games : 23-year-old Manchester United target shines on international stage
- International boss explains why he trialled Manchester United ace in new position and gives verdict on display
- Ralf Rangnick relegated as Austria slump to third defeat in a row
- 'No chance': Manchester United star gutted after 4-1 loss and desperate to avoid relegation
- Barcelona sporting director says Manchester United have made a very good decision
- 'World class': Teammate raves over Manchester United star after 'frighteningly good' international performance
- Manchester United receive a favour as international boss learns same lesson as Ten Hag
- 'Whatever we need': £113m star praises Manchester United ace
- 8 Chances Created: Manchester United star produces masterclass in upset international win
- 'Disaster': Player released from Manchester United last summer leaps to the defence of former teammate
- 18-year-old Manchester United whizkid who's trained with first team scores first youth international goal
- Cristiano Ronaldo has been helping Manchester United teammate improve a specific aspect of his game
- Manchester United could pursue 45-cap international if club makes big decision on Ten Hag regular
- Manchester United man ruled out of crucial international clash through suspension
- Former Manchester United captain hopes Red Devils sign 20-year-old who could have been signed for £4.5m