Manchester United superkid Anthony Elanga scored a brace for Sweden’s under-21 side.
Elanga scored two goals as Sweden’s under-21s beat Montenegro 2-1.
This followed up a two goals in two games for Sweden’s under-21s at the end of last season.
He can’t stop scoring
Elanga has four goals in his last three under-21 games for Sweden.
Delve a little deeper and his goals across his last few appearances have been non-stop across all levels.
Elanga scored for United’s first team against Wolves on the last day of the Premier League season.
This followed a brace for United’s under-23s against Derby in a preceding game.
He then struck two goals in two under-21 games for Sweden, before netting two in three friendly games for Manchester United in pre-season.
Add in this brace now for Sweden and Elanga is up to nine goals in his last nine appearances in all competitions.
Ready to return
Elanga was injured after playing and scoring in United’s third pre-season game. It was unfortunate timing as it took him out of the team when he had earned a spot.
He returned to training a fortnight ago although did not feature in United’s squad against Wolves.
Now Elanga has shown he is fit and firing and ready to contribute, with Solskjaer deciding not to send him on loan.
Elanga can fill the void left by Dan James and his goal contribution at all levels shows he is worthy of an opportunity, no matter how strong the competition.
This brace was a reminder to Solskjaer that he is an option once again, even with Ronaldo also waiting in the wings.
- Little margin for error as Solskjaer cannot afford Champions League early KO
- Solskjaer urged to make ‘cut throat’ team selections for Manchester United
- Manchester United now have fixture boost for next month’s Tottenham clash
- Teenager Harrison Parker appears to confirm United academy switch on Instagram
- Three Cristiano Ronaldo cup lessons for Manchester United
- Mason Greenwood’s electric impact shows what Anthony Martial is missing
- Alex Telles sends disappointed message to Manchester United fans
- United may have good squad depth but last night’s XI lacked leaders
- Patrice Evra thanks Manchester United as he completes his coaching badges
- Aston Villa fans laud Tuanzebe’s EFL Cup performance
- Solskjaer had ideal chance to unleash Hannibal Mejbri but opted for Mata instead
- Alex Telles shows attacking qualities but also his defensive deficiencies
- Solskjaer hails United fans after EFL Cup exit
- When will Donny van de Beek’s next opportunity come after cup KO?
- Anthony Martial wastes his Manchester United chance