Amad Diallo made history as he became Manchester United’s fourth ever youngest European scorer.
Amad’s goal was his first in a United shirt, and only George Best, Marcus Rashford and Mason Greenwood have been younger than him and scored in a competitive European game.
The goal gave United a lead, which was squandered in injury time as Simon Kjaer scored a late equaliser and away goal.
Amad sent a message after the game, showing he is ready to ‘fight’ in the second leg.
Amad will really feel like part of the first team now and his words show it.
He will almost certainly be involved at the San Siro one way or another, with injuries piling up.
The 18-year-old was a half-time substitute for Anthony Martial and made an instant impact.
Amad took just four minutes to score. It was a terrific header, with the teenager adjusting to receive the ball with his back to goal and turn to loop the ball over the onrushing goalkeeper.
The pass from Bruno Fernandes was great too, and Amad applied a finish worthy of it.
There is a very good chance Amad will make his Premier League debut at the weekend too. It has been a long time coming.
Just like against Milan, United will probably need him.
- Bruno Fernandes sends message to Manchester United fans ahead of semi-final second leg
- Ruben Neves should be Manchester United’s number one midfield target
- Manchester United fans react to fixture pile-up
- Brandon Williams is in-demand and a loan move looks essential
- No free pass for Murtough on United transfers as revolution gathers pace
- New Manchester United v Liverpool date set, final fixtures confirmed
- Former United defender Rafael takes aim at both PSG and City after Champions League semi-final
- Elanga included in United’s squad for Roma, James out injured
- Solskjaer admits he still doesn’t know whether Greenwood will be a striker or winger
- Sir Alex Ferguson: Never Give In trailer looks amazing, where can you watch the film?
- Statistics show Harry Maguire is one of the best defenders in Europe
- Chelsea board move lays gauntlet down to Glazers at Manchester United
- Five Manchester United players who Jose Mourinho could sign for Roma
- Ethan Galbraith shares video of his 20 yard rocket for United’s under-23s
- Champions League has to be big temptation for Edinson Cavani to agree renewal