Incoming signing Amad Diallo is taking a step towards completing his United move..
The young winger posted an image from a private jet on Sunday evening which is Rome-bound. There he will finalise his paperwork.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was asked about Diallo after the win over Aston Villa and spoke glowingly about him.
Solskjaer told the club website: “
I can’t see any obstacles really.
Hopefully within not too long he’ll be with us.
“I’m very excited about bringing him in. I think he’s shown a few times his qualities.“
Journalist Fabrizio Romano says Diallo is on the first step towards his move to United. Diallo will finalise his documentation in Rome before flying to Manchester next week.
Diallo’s arrival could all be formalised within the next few days. The fact Solskjaer spoke about him so positively bodes well.
Sky Sports had reported that Atalanta wanted to keep Diallo on loan. But this would be an arrangement which offers no upside for United.
It is far better to get the youngster in early and start working with him. Atalanta have not been using him on a regular basis, and he is better off starting his career in Manchester.
Amad Diallo: Player profile
- Breakthrough star
Diallo made his first team debut for Atalanta in 2019/20. He has one goal in his three Serie A appearances.
- Five years in Italy
Diallo was born in the Ivory Coast, moving to Atalanta in 2015 after impressing on a trial.
- Right wing dynamo
Diallo’s record at youth level is impressive. Last season he scored seven goals and provided 11 assists for Atalanta’s academy, which included a strike against Manchester City in the UEFA Youth League.
- Champions League debut
Diallo made his Champions League debut for Atalanta in 2020, impressing in a substitute appearance against Midtjylland.
- Manchester United's Champions League opponents could have springboard to finding best form
- 99 touches, 7 duels won: Manchester United star produces assured performance against West Ham
- 'Didn't put a foot wrong': Manager praises 'outstanding' Manchester United loanee
- 'We knew': West Ham defender gives his verdict on Manchester United after last-gasp defeat
- 'Treading carefully': Manchester United loanee won't return until next month
- 'It doesn't matter how or who': Manchester United star sends passionate message to fans
- Rio Ferdinand mocks his brother after Manchester United beat West Ham
- 'He can go to the top': Manager tips 'unbelievable' Manchester United loanee to achieve big things
- Cristiano Ronaldo and Anthony Martial respond to teammate's 'Fergie time' message
- 'Amazing feeling'… Manchester United attacker says it was a dream to hear fans singing his name
- Manchester United star sets all-time Premier League record in Red Devils win