Ole Gunnar Solskjaer delivered a mixed injury update ahead of Manchester United’s huge clash with RB Leizpig tomorrow night.
Anthony Martial and Edinson Cavani both limped out of the 3-1 win over West Ham on Saturday and neither will feature in Germany.
But Solskjaer also said that David de Gea and Luke Shaw will both be travelling after injury.
Neither man was in the squad against West Ham, but Solskjaer told his pre-match press conference at 1:00pm on the club’s official app, they’re in the frame tomorrow.
“David is travelling, Luke is travelling” said Solskjaer.
“Edinson and Anthony only have minor niggles, but won’t be making the trip.”
There may be focus on the bad news in the attacking department but it shouldn’t overshadow the boosts at the back.
Dean Henderson hasn’t put a foot wrong this season but de Gea is the man with the big-match experience.
Meanwhile, Shaw played on the left of a back three during the 2-1 win over Paris Saint-Germain.
With Fred out, United could go that way again, with Shaw tucked inside Alex Telles at left wing back.
Shaw is perhaps also a more conservative choice at left back, if Solskjaer elects to go with a back four.
De Gea and Shaw being back gives Solskjaer two big decisions to make – but they’re headaches he’ll likely relish given absentees elsewhere.
- United fans puzzled by Cavani for James substitution
- Anthony Martial faces fitness battle for Manchester derby
- Five things we learned as Manchester United draw with Crystal Palace
- Manchester United line-up v Crystal Palace
- It’s getting harder to see Manchester United keeping Juan Mata
- Report: Erling Haaland will consider United but not Chelsea
- Luke Shaw has been ‘unbelievable recently’ says Dan James
- Some United fans react as Solskjaer predicts a quiet summer transfer window
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Crystal Palace