Manchester United supporters are stepping up efforts to pile pressure on the Glazer ownership of the club.
Fans managed to get the Premier League match against Liverpool postponed at the weekend, after blocking the team bus at the hotel and gaining access to Old Trafford.
Now with the Glazers remaining silent, pressure is set to be applied to the team’s multiple sponsors.
A letter has been sent to the club’s sponsors, announcing a fan boycott.
These include Adidas, Kohler, Cadbury, TAG Heuer, and new sponsors Team Viewer.
A copy of the letter sent to United’s commercial partners can be read below.
‘Complicit with the Glazers’
This move is a natural extension of the protests at the weekend, and is aimed at piling pressure on the Glazers.
The message clearly says that brands associated with United are seen as ‘complicit with the Glazers’, who have cost United at least £1.5 billion since taking the club over in 2005.
As reported by The Times, TeamViewer’s reviews on TrustPilot have tanked since United supporters began leaving negative feedback.
The Glazers have not yet responded to supporters since the protest. The Manchester United Supporters Trust has sent them an open letter demanding a response to four key points by the weekend.
The hope of this latest step is that if the Glazers do not engage or respond to fans, they will have to liaise and speak with sponsors.
If the companies begin to look to try and get out of their contracts or decide not to renew, this will could be very expensive for the Glazers, and begin to make their ownership of the club more unsustainable.
More protests could also be planned for later in May. United are yet to confirm a new revised date for the Liverpool game.
- Three reasons Manchester United should play Hannibal against Fulham
- Every trophy won by Manchester United
- Manchester United fans are the best, says Solskjaer, as he hopes for lift from crowd return
- Solskjaer says Martial and James not ready to start v Fulham
- Villarreal striker Moreno scores 29th goal of the season ahead of United clash
- Manchester United target Sven Botman produces man of the match performance for Lille
- Dan James returns to Manchester United training
- Who is reported Manchester United target Mauro Arambarri?
- Goalkeepers who have scored for Manchester United
- Anthony Martial returns to first team training