Cristiano Ronaldo proved his quality as he helped Manchester United to a 3-2 win over Arsenal.
The 36-year-old’s brace gave United a well deserved win against an Arsenal side which threatened but lacked a cutting edge.
Ronaldo’s goals took his season tally to 12 in 16 games and helped United to a first Premier League win at Old Trafford since his return against Newcatle back in September.
This was also United’s first win over Arsenal in the last six matches between the two teams.
Ronaldo did not bask in the personal glory of passing the 800 career goal mark, as may have been expected of him. Instead he left that to others.
Jadon Sancho appeared to love celebrating with Ronaldo in front of the Old Trafford crowd after the forward scored United’s winner.
Teammate Marcus Rashford congratulated Ronaldo on his milestone goals.
Right-back Diogo Dalot made his return to the side and he also sent a message on social media after the win.
Like Ronaldo, he urged the team to start building on the victory and pick up some momentum.
United now have a fresh start ahead with new interim boss Ralf Rangnick, who was in attendance at Old Trafford to watch the win.
Rangnick will hold his press conference later today (3/12) at 1.30pm.
- Ralf Rangnick hails Anthony Elanga and explains why he took Cristiano Ronaldo off
- 'Fearless'… Some United fans react to wonderkid's 'outrageous' performance v Brentford
- Cristiano Ronaldo comments on Instagram after Manchester United win
- Manchester United's 5 best players against Brentford
- Gary Neville reacts to Manchester United's win over Brentford and Elanga's performance
- 5 things we learned as Manchester United beat Brentford 3-1
- Ralf Rangnick confirms Manchester United star is missing Brentford clash due to “muscular problem”
- Confirmed Manchester United XI v Brentford: Ronaldo and Elanga start
- Manchester United recall loanee who played just 20 minutes throughout his spell
- Ralf Rangnick has effectively told fans Paul Pogba is leaving the club this summer
- 'Absolutely sensational' Manchester United transfer target given standing ovation